For sale - For Good!! 1990 Red Alltrac - $1500

hacker_720

Updated August 2009
I still have the car, it's still for sale, no reasonable offer refused.

Update June 2009
Car runs fine now, it was the dizzy and the timing, no problems.
Only things left to fix is the gas tank and the rust, tank is $200 to get repaired. Gas tank out!
Got a new intercooler for it, custom made top mount, should work way better then stock.

Update price:
$1500

Note: This car has been for sale a couple of times over the years, usually cause I needed to money, but wasn't running before, this will be the last time I post it for sale.

I'm throwing in the towel. I have working on this car on and off for 3 years, and I'm done with it. I just got a new job that pays handsomely and I'm looking at a 2000 BMW 540i with the M package. It's hard for me to justify labouring away at this beast when I could be driving a new(er) not-so-beast. –Update – Pickup up a 2002 GS430

1990 Red Alltrac LHD
190 000km or so.
Black cloth, no rips or tears

This is a 95% complete project car; I’ve just lost all heart for it recently.
Original purchase price $6500
Money spent on parts: $3000

The good:
0-km on rebuilt head new valves and valves guides, 3 angle vale job, cleaned and decked all at a motor shop, not by me.
Engine runs
Tranny installed, works perfectly. No grinding, new(er) clutch
New(er) wheel bearings (front), breaks, disks, rotors, ball joints, and “hub” assembly
New(er) rad, new rad cap
New Metal head gasket
New timing belt
New timing belt tensioner
New alternator
New spark plugs
New hoses (HFH) and I think every other hose on the car, at least 95% of them

The bad
Rust on the driver’s side rocker panel was really bad, the rust has been repaired and coated with rock-guard, but will still need body work.
Rust also on the passenger side, not nearly as bad as the driver’s side, has not been repaired yet.
Both Pinch rails are soft where the jack is suppose to go, so both are now crushed up a little bit, or squished. I got a guy that is going to weld on new pinch rails for me, so we can work that out.
Driver’s side front sway bar bushing mount just came lose, looks like one of the bots may have rusted out.
Just (today) developed a leak in the fuel line by the back tire. Update – may be the gas tank not the lines.
Crack in windshield
No radio (I can include a MP3 player if you would like )
Rust hole developed in spare tire well, rust was grinded away and rock-guarded, but there is still a 2” hole.
“Clunk” when driving, may be CV joints, or universal joints, may also be the mid-pipe hitting the oil pan. - fixed

The after-market
Rebuilt head (see above)
Boost controller (manual)
Straight air intake (Ghetto air filter)
Power distribution block (see pictures)
Two pillar gages (boost and AFR)
TRD short shifter
Rims (see picture)
Kumho Ecsta Supra Tires
Magna flow exhaust
“wire tuck” – to make it easier to work on the engine.
Battery relocated to trunk Optima Red-top
A/C delet
ABS Delet

Spare parts.
1st gen 2.2 liter stroker block, 40 000km, may or may not be forged internals, I had votes on both.
1st gen head, also 0km-rebuild as the one above.
2 spare throttle bodies
Spare engine mounts
Fan for the TMIC, suppose to actually do a lot for cooling, not installed yet though
1st gen fuel rail and lines
Timing belt, low km’s (about 40 000km)
Spark plug wires, (1st gen)
Dizzy cap (1st gen?)
Entire front hub assembles (wheel bearings, ball joints breaks,)
Front breaks (needs rebuilt)
the “special” sized sockets you need
A lot of random stuff (about 7-8 milk crates)

All in all a really good deal, there is about $2000.00 in spare parts, so perhaps the car is only costing $1000.00, however you want to look at it.

Car runs and drives, idles a bit rough, but the exhaust is not hooked up yet, so that may be the cause of some of it, and is still has 18-month old gas in it. Timing may still be off (I will throw in the timing light if you want) – update – bad idle caused by 1st gen dizzy, you will need to find a second gen dizzy for this car, can usually be had at Japanese Auto Parts for about $50.00 - updated - fixed, was the dizzy car runs good now. Rust as mentioned, and fuel leak. Other than that it’s ready to go. My long term plan was to drive the crap out of this engine while I finished the stroker motor, and then swap that in the spring. I was going to get a second gen block and do it right, I haven’t picked it up yet, but I can include an empty, cleaned, sonic-checked second gen block if you would like. – update - got clean second gen block. Everything else about the car is pretty standard issue Alltrac stuff.

Please see my project thread for more info, also there are a few pictures there, I can take more pictures if needed, I just lost a lot of my old ones ‘casue my friend's server went down. –update- pictures can be seen here:

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii9/ ... 0/?start=0
http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25207

Steve
416-587-4370
hacker_720 at hotmail.com

Car is located in Waterloo, ON, Canada

P9070256.jpg

hacker_720

Sorry, that wasn't for me, I just had a truck so I took it to the guy's house for him.

but if you would buy the car if I included the LSD, I will get it off the guy :)

exST165

Steve, I'm really sorry to hear that you're moving on after all the work you have put into that car but going to a 2000 M5 should ease the pain a bit.

If you ever feel the need to wrench on an Alltrac feel free to drop by anytime!

Thomas

hacker_720

Sorry it wasn't an M5 is was a 540i with the M sports package, they are different, I wish it was an M5.

Also the guy sold if before I could get it. Now I got a deposit on a 2002 Lexus GS430, I just need to sell one of my cars for a down payment.

Anyone want a 1996 acura TL for $3000.00?

Steve.

hacker_720

Selling my Acura TL. It's a '96, so it's the first gen that looks like the Legend.
Beige on Beige leather
3.2L V6
320 000kms
CD/radio
Heated seats
power seats
wood grain interior
fog lights
...all the stuff you would expect from a TL.

Well taken care of...
All 4 wheel bearings are new
3/4 ball joints are new, 4th one needs replaced($200.00 installed, I will do it if it will make or break the deal)
All 4 tires are new
new breaks, callipers, disks
oil changed MONTHY!

Problems with the car:
1 bad ball joint
rust forming on bottom of doors (the crimp point at the very bottom)

The only reason for selling this car is I got a new job and they require me to get a new car 2002+. I need to sell this for the down payment on the new car. I was planning on driving it to 500 000kms+.

I don't have any pics of the car right now, I guess I could get some, but it's a '96 Acura, and looks Exactly like this one (even the same rims)

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/aut ... 990113.jpg

Waterloo, King and Erb
416-587-4370
Steve

I'm in Toronto almost daily if you want to have a look.

allblackalltrac

Steve if you still have it come spring and I get it running (and you know I will) then you have to keep it as a race car - thats the deal and you can tell Melissa I said so, lol.

hacker_720

Ok, I will tell her.
Do you think you can get your hands on a second gen dizzy for me, so I could at least try to get it running properly.

hacker_720

updated. Must go or it's going to the wreakers.

If I sell it, the free parts are no longer available.
If I trash it, then I will arrange to get the free parts to everyone.

98RACE

hacker_720":30vk6o9y said:
updated. Must go or it's going to the wreakers.

If I sell it, the free parts are no longer available.
If I trash it, then I will arrange to get the free parts to everyone.

Willing to donate it to an ice racer??

Dave

hacker_720

My brother called me today and told me he would take it. So hopefully it's no longer for sale and saved from the wrekers. I will let you know if the deal falls through.

If it went to the wrekers I would keep the engine.
Yes I would part it out first.
It could go to ice racing if my brother dosen't pull through, but I'm gonna want some money to include the engine.

hacker_720

Deal fell through.
going to the wreckers if no one picks it up.
Last chance $1000.00
Or I will be stripping it down and selling off the parts.
Also has rims on it, TSW rims 15", if someone wants to come by with their rims and switch them I'd be ok with that.

P1010070.jpg

If no one picks it up, there will be LOTS of parts, but your best bet is to come get them, or get someone to come get them, I'm REALLY busy, sorry. Most parts will be free.

Steve

Greg_Canada

hey dude, i can come by any weekend to grab parts if you dont sell it whole. I need some interior parts and such. (radio surround, TRD shifter, etc)
How are the tires on the rims? Decent? I've got some stockers i can swap.
I'll throw you some cash for it.

hacker_720

Yup you can come by.
Not the weekend of the 27/28/29th, but any other weekend should be fine.
Tires are trash, I think one is ok, but that's it.