What Wheel Spacers Should I Use?

2_Liter_Turbo

I was looking to get a set of 20mm or 25mm spacers for the rear wheels, and I was wondering what brand/part number you guys use for the rear of the ST185. My buddy has a set of Motegi Track Lite 17x8 +42 offset wheels, and the fronts sit pretty decent (could use an 8mm spacer, but it's not too bad), but the rear tires rub on the rear strut, lol.

One part number I found was by H&R: 4025541 (20mm spacer)

88st165

Go with H&R 25mm b/c it will look better and its a straight bolt on so you dont have to change out the studs.

CMS-GT4

Then post pics of your wheels. :D H&R are the best for quality, though since you have access to CNC and possibly a lathe, you might make yourself a spacer.

With a wheel of that offset you could also use a 30mm spacer on the rear and then you might use a small one on the front. There is a thread on here about inexpensive extended studs from toyota if you hunt around.

2_Liter_Turbo

CMS-GT4":2rej6753 said:
Then post pics of your wheels. :D H&R are the best for quality, though since you have access to CNC and possibly a lathe, you might make yourself a spacer.

With a wheel of that offset you could also use a 30mm spacer on the rear and then you might use a small one on the front. There is a thread on here about inexpensive extended studs from toyota if you hunt around.

Yeah, the H&R's actually have the correct center bore, and what not, where the cheap companies just have a big hole in the middle, ha ha. I don't want to make it myself though, because I'm lazy... ha ha. If I can buy it, then I'd rather just do that. If I can't, then I'll put the time in it to do the calcs, programming, and machining.

timmey

+1

H&R 25mm DRM. I just put a set on. Their aluminum, hubcentric, fit properly and are good quality.

If your from Canada though, be prepared for some harsh import duty on them. I payed about 130 US for a set and ended up paying 44% of the price in duty from UPS. I don't think Canada likes foreign aluminum, as we're a big supplier of it. It seems to be based on material. I shipped a $5000 drum set over the border and had no duty whatsover due to the materials yet this $150 set of spacers was like $60 duty/taxes/UPS.

I hear Ichiba's are ok too.

Timmey

jonnyboygt4

i just odered and recieved a set of 38mm hubsentrics off ebay...109 shipped....nice quality specifically for the celica gt4's..