project de-ricing my celica Complete LIP/PAINT/FORGED 3/25

custom rear lip yay or nay??

• yay!!!

Votes: 27 60.0%
  • nay!!!

Votes: 18 40.0%

• Total voters
Finally starting my project thread. getting tired of the same o look, so i decided to take a different route. the bodykit scene has been gone for the longest time now and its time to jump on the CS/RC bandwagon. so far, i have collected some parts. I have complete rear bumper, under tail light piece, CS/RC bumper, middle faux carbon fiber peice, and all mounting hard ware. here are some pics.

first pulled the car into the garage... let the stripping begin...
SANY0707.jpg

SANY0708.jpg

SANY0709.jpg

SANY0710.jpg

SANY0711.jpg

bumper finally fitted with the top under tail light piece..
SANY0715.jpg

SANY0714.jpg

SANY0717-1.jpg

SANY0718.jpg

SANY0716.jpg

SANY0720.jpg

sanded down and ready to be primed and painted.
SANY0743.jpg

SANY0744.jpg

then it striked me.... what do you guys think??? i need opinions plz.... yay or nay???
SANY0726.jpg

SANY0726.jpg

SANY0728.jpg

SANY0727.jpg

SANY0729.jpg

SANY0731.jpg

SANY0733.jpg

SANY0732.jpg

SANY0734.jpg

and last but not least... the whole point of all this...
SANY0722.jpg

stay tuned... more to come....

redGT4

nothing more satisfying than a de-riced celica. you are a hero.

The extensions look okay. :shoots: side skirts. They look shit.

CMS-GT4

The rear skirt idea is not bad at all. That's more along the lines of what the aftermarket should offer.

Skirts still the suxtor though.

yeah... i hate the side skirts to hell. but im on the hunt for some 99 celica side skirts so if anyone knows anyone who has a set for cheap.. let me know. as far as the rear skirts, its either going to stay like how i had it in the pics. if not, then im thinking about cutting the middle part out and adding just the sides of the rear. kinda like the trd rear skirts for the 6th gen celicas.

DudeMan

Good job man, looks better already.

I say go with the rear skirt, its original and way less tacky then a full body kit.

darthripley

definitely headed in the right direction with taking the ugly body kit off :)

i don't mind the rear lip you have mocked up onto a stock bumper at all & i'm not really a body kit person.
it's tasteful looking & reminds me of a trd style kit if one was offered.

once you ditch the ugly side skirts that are on the car now it will really be looking a million times better.

mike325ci

dooooooood, a zillion times better. i mean look at that beautiful CS/RC front!!! no one can argue with that! :)

i'm glad you are de-ricing it... some body kits can look good, but some are just over the top, and well, like you said, not only is it not the trend right now, but it wasn't so good looking to start with (to put it nicely)...

and oh, i like the way the rear looks with the skirt treatment! go for it!

one thing i wanna see is how our cars would look with a rear diffuser... you see them on more "common" cars now (i.e. non-exotics)-- like the Evo... i saw one on an S2000 the other day and it looked awesome... maybe that's not the right kind of look on a rally car (maybe not- the Evo has it...), but hey, i just wanna see...

yes, it will mostly be just a cosmetic piece, since i don't think it will produce proper venturi effect downforce to make a difference (unless you made the entire bottom of the car flat like on an Elise or F430, etc.)
http://www.symscape.com/blog/secrets_of_diffusers

something like this? although this doesn't look so good:
00-celica-bc-back.jpg

(did i go off-topic? >< sorry...)

EDIT: search is my friend: we had a discussion about it and a very good photoshop rendering of one :) http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php ... r+diffuser

yeah, i been following that thread also. some of those ideas are really nice. if i was to definitely just take one that was already made and just bolt it up. the only thing is that those things are so expensive...

Terracar

Gorgeous transformation!

I think the rear lip will look good, especially with some 6gen sides. Nice work, keep us updated.

What a difference it made.

-Terracar

updating you guys on the progress of debodykitting a celica. found a nice set of 6th sideskirts today
at the junkyard. i paid 24 bucks for them. the passenger side is in okay shape except it seems to be
warped in a way were it won't revert or pop back to its original shape. also, anyone have any experience
with welding plastic? i was told you could do this with a zip tie and heating up a flat head screwdriver.
anyways, the sides begins to come off. first of all, i need to find all the rivets i used when molding the
kit on.
SANY0788.jpg

SANY0776.jpg

SANY0777.jpg

me chipping away at the layers of bondo and paint.
SANY0780.jpg

SANY0781.jpg

almost there with the kit falling off...
SANY0782.jpg

SANY0783.jpg

and success.....
SANY0784.jpg

SANY0786.jpg

now for the other side.... the paint still looks nice.. but i need it gone..
SANY0787.jpg

my little bro giving a helping hand...
SANY0792.jpg

SANY0794.jpg

now with the 6th gen side mocked up to the car. i think it fits it just right.
SANY0796.jpg

SANY0797.jpg

SANY0798.jpg

SANY0799.jpg

grouch

looking good zen ,instead of a 3 piece spoiler you should get the single piece GT trunk spoiler. also the rear skirt looks good! do it! have you decided on paint? or gonna wait a while on that?

mx6er2587

will be watching this thread. I also picked up some 6th gen skirts a few weeks back and am still on the fence about installing them. Keep up the good work and make sure you post all the details on the 6g skirt installs (I need someone to make all the mistakes for me :p )

thanks grouch, i been keeping myself busy. plus, im getting bored of the bodykit look that i've had for so long. as far as color, im still undecided. but for sure is that im not going to go with the stock colors you know like black, white, red, blue, grey, etc.. im looking at some type of a green. still undecided.

mx6er2587, will keep you posted on how im mounting the skirts. i know for sure that we need to trim off alittle bit to clear the edge of the door. as far as mounting it, im thinking about drilling holes for the clips to pop in like how it was done on the 6th gen. then, just double side tape the whole side. plus, two screws mounts them on the wheel wells. but will keep you posted on what i decide to do. yes, everyone learns from others mistakes, but this time, im taking the bullet for you guys.... lolz...

CMS-GT4

The car looks like it is making good progress. That is a good deal on the skirts. Those are not as low as the 205 skirts right?

What are the plans on the front lip? When you get your car done, be sure to share pics in the body kit thread?

darthripley

6th gen sideskirts look good, better than i would have thought.

are you gonna shave the side molding on the door & front fender?
i think the side skirts would look better with the molding shaved off.

keep up the good work!!

pintoBC_3sgte

definatly inspires me tp do the same... lol but dont wanna copy ur look but its so damn nice.

question, how much is your celica lowered from stock, want to gauge if it would be too low for me with a lip added to the front. mind taking a head on shot for me?

haha oh yah and i like the look of the wing u had on ur celica (posted on celicatech)

im still at school right now and snapped some pics this morning. just a teaser for now, until later tonight.
DSCF8055.jpg

guess what the new mod is???

88st165, yes, that was my little brother who used the jack handle. lols.. he just grabbed what ever was close...

pinto, i do have a front picture that i took, will post later tonight.