PHX TUNING ?

rrain3288

So i now have a aem ecu for my alltrac but due to the fact that i live in hell (tucson) iv come to find out that there isnt a single dyno in town anymore. :shrug: so im figuring that i need to drive my alltrac out there to get the ecu installed and tuned but i dont have a clue where to go ??? nor do i i have a ton of cash to spend on getting raped by some shop iv never been too.
1. whats a good place to get a dyno tune.
2. is a smart to do a street tune if so if so is there anyone out there with experience tuning these cars?
iv talked to a few shops in town and there telling me 400+ for a street tune...i dont know it seems really high for just a set up and tune w/o a dyno run! ..maybe im wrong
any advise helps thanks alot guys

monkey8oi

I'm kinda in the same boat as you.. Just finished my 3rd gen st165 build with a hydra nemesis ecu. My friend had a tuner fly out from the east coast for a week to tune a bunch of mr2's and my alltrac. He was actually telling me that it isn't really worth spending the money for a tune for my 3rd gen since i don't have cams, bigger turbo, or injectors. He said a better idea might have been to just sell my ecu and get a stock gen 3 ecu and just plug and play. not really something i wanted to hear due to all the money i spent for the ecu but it's true. i was getting charged $600 for a street and a race tune. That does not include the $75 an hour charge for the dyno. i'm looking at around $900 for my tune. Probably not really worth it with my current setup. I just got my SARD 800 injectors in today so i'll have those installed tonight and tune it with that added soo it's a little more reasonable to get the tune.

In your case, it depends on your setup.. if you have a stock gen 3 in than it might not be worth your money to install and tune it when the stock gen 3 ecu is pretty good and reliable for the situation. But if you have upgraded cams, injectors, turbo, etc.. then its worth it. But if he's charging $400 for an install and tune, that's not a bad price.. like i said, i'm paying $600 for a street and race tune not including dyno rental.

Lol.. if you can make it out to the bay area by tomorrow, he might be able to squeeze you in after mine.. He just tuned my friends 377hp mr2 and and another 472hp mr2. He's very familiar with the 3s motor. good luck on your tune.

86turboswap

I just got done tuning a gen 2 3s-gte in a MR2 Turbo on the AEM.

I am able to get you a decent tune, but for maximum power I would recommend UMS Tuning.

cmonteiro1

Call tony at UMS as suggested above. He tuned my AEM in my 91 alltrac. For the record, not only is tony and the guys at UMS awesome and will go above and beyond for you, but he's tuned a number of AEMs in Alltracs including the one in the centerforce car, which I beleive was the first AEM in an alltrac.