How the hell do you remove code 54 on a st165

bccentaur3

how did I do something wrong? Can I ground it to the wire that goes to ecu as ground?

When I swapped dashes from an 89 gt, I didn't use the dash harness for the alltrac instead using the one from the gt. I threw away the intercooler ecu because I obviously no longer have a plug going to the intercooler ecu anyway, because of the dash swap.

So I decided I could take that wire going to the ecu, light green/black wire to ground on chassis. I also have pulled the efi ecu with no luck still.

bccentaur3

well on the st165 ecu pin out the WIN wire is light green/black. Plus the wire is in the corner of the bigger plug. So yes I'm sure its the WIN wire. Unless the wire is completely some other color.

saphtrac

You don't cut wire. Just ground it. Or just cut it invhalf. Strip back both ends. Twist togerher but connect one end and add a wire to the other end of the butt connector. Ground it to chassis

bccentaur3

hmm, soo just strip the WIN wire and add another wire from ground to it? How come like NO one brought this up. I've searched and everyone says just ground it. But never went into detail on how to ground it.

saphtrac

I did trial and error. I grounded one side, No Dice. Ground other side, No dice. Grounded both together. Yahtzee

bccentaur3

Yeah I went ahead and fixed it. Now both codes 51 and 54 are gone. Yippy!!! Got to drive the car for the first time. Feels good.