How much does an used 185engine approximatly cost?

Ervin_S

I was thinking of getting an low milage 185 engine to put intio my 165. I've seen an company selling 2 185 engines for $1099USD which come with the 4wd transmission. The ECU isn't included though. Is this a good deal?
They say that the engines have between 45k-55k miles on them. How can I make sure this is acurate? :shrug:

Gary

There is no way you can know the exact milege on those engines.
Are you plannning to open it up/rebuild it?
If not, try to buy from high reputation importers.

5speedGT4

well i got my engine from soshin trade usa in california for 899 which included a cut harness, jdm ecu (wooohoo), engine and all accessories and such and tranny in incredibly good condition and was shipped to me for 180 dollars here in lincoln.

If you need help with the swap also, i can help (i am near by :D ) and have done it..... also taking a look at chris's site will help.

But honestly, if your motor is in good condition, i would keep it and work on it, the 185 motor really isnt that much diffrent overall, and the 165 motor can be made to make the same power with no problems. I would have kept my stock motor if it werent blown when i bought the car.

Ervin_S

wow man. you only paid $899 for it? That's a great deal. The reason why I"m thinkng of swaping engines is because my engine has a lot of miles on it and it's better to get a low milage engine and start tuning that one then tuning the high milage engine, right?

do the companys you guys named have their website so I could check them out?

Thx for the help

Ervin_S

I've checked there but they are offering only the 3sgte engine. it sais N/A for the transmission so I guess that it is not included. i'll have to ask them how much their asking for the engine.

5speedGT4

if its soshin, call their lower california store, ask for hector and tell him you need a cheap 3sgte with ecu and awd tranny to go with it. he will have something, they always have atleast 5.

Ervin_S

I received an reply. They have one for $988. Should I go with it? I didn't ask how many miles it approximatly has :doh: