2009 Bear Mountain Meet - Oct. 10 Saturday (NJ/NY)

esracing

its not a rod i looked at it and #1 spark plug and came apart , it has no compression in#1 its leaking by the valves i think it has bent valves, i idid a leak down test.

the lines for the trac should be here monday or tuseday it will go to bear mt

bent valves, blew air thru exhaust and some thru intake when applied air.
Time for the motor to come out and do a Chris-ko on it ...

Let hope the alltrac comes back too :D

GMan

I'd love to go too. But I'd need to bum a ride.
Any one from AM driving down ? :shrug:

Regards;

esracing

yes it was nice to meet you mike we gad a great time ,yes we got home ok , hey marlin your not going to win next year i have something in the works for you :)

mike325ci

Hopefully there will be another chance to see you guys again before next year's Bear Mountain run... :) My plan is to finish up my car this weekend finally!

BTW, Tim, I found a dealer who located CV Boots and they are on their way shipped to me, so I'm going to rebuild them myself.

JSchlaff, yes this event happens every year. Normally it was the first weekend of November, but starting from this year, we moved it forward, and most likely next year will be around this time. I've been going to this meet for 8 years now...

Keep warm everyone, cheers~
-Mike

celicagtforever

Count me in for 2010!, this time Marlon you're going down, lol, it was nice to meet Tim and see Eric again!
097-1.jpg

Mafix

i'll be brutally honest here, and i hope nobody takes offense to it.
marlon wins because he has a pretty car. 90% of the people there look at a celica, they have no clue what they are looking at. the 5th gen is more appealing to younger people because it has a little more curve. any celica meet would be different. real celica alltrac enthusiasts would never make it past erics white car.

Mafix

i know. seems i get to be one of the few on the front of the stage, in the back directing, and out acting. all at the same time.

It was an MR2 meet so no problems with people not looking at the alltracs. It was strange, in this area most people with MR2's know about alltracs, and quite a few have owned both. I didnt get that feeling at the Bear mountain meet. I was a great route and was well organized, considering how much it grew this year. All things considered, they should just punt the alltrac trophy. The amount of detail in Erics hood is amazing but I dont think the MR2 judges had a clue.

mike325ci

tim, really? hmmm, maybe cos every year we get more and more newer and younger generations of MR2 owners, and they almost always have SW20s, and (no offense to any MKII MR2 owners) but they tend to gravitate more towards looks of the curvaceous SW20 over the smaller and edgy AW11; the ST185 over the ST165. and in this area, most MR2 owners never have owned an AW11 (unlike the older / past members) and at any given meet, there are disproportionately more SW20s over AW11s.

why do i say all this? it's because by default, even a very nicely done and clean ST165 will get no love. just like a similarly-prepped AW11 will get no love.

i was one of the judges, and i personally liked Eric's car the best. there were different criteria for judging, and equal weight was put on all the different buckets-- meaning, interior and exterior were just as important as other categories. i don't see the point of this meet to be trying to win a show & shine trophy, so i don't think it's a big deal to try and change the judging criteria or modify it (example, separate categories for 165s and 185s -- usually we get 1 or 2 alltracs at the meet, so it doesn't make sense; but this year we got a lot (4)! :) ) or complain about it. but to others, it can be important; i understand.