Should we have a Canadian for sale forum?

YerRandO

Could just lead to double posts, one in the Canadian and one in the regular sales forum. If I don't want to ship cross-boarder or for local pick-up only sales it might be handy to only target Canadians.

Couldn't hurt to expand the Canadian forms a bit anyways, it's a big place. Even a Western Canada / Eastern Canada forum isn't a bad idea, allthough it's not the busiest forum to begin with.

I'm with the masses, I agree

Rick89GTS

YerRandO":gkdpnygu said:
Could just lead to double posts, one in the Canadian and one in the regular sales forum.....
I didn't think about it but you are right. If the poster has their location listed, that should be sufficient and we don't really need a Canadian Section.

YerRandO

Rick89GTS":3khc0oif said:
I didn't think about it but you are right. If the poster has their location listed, that should be sufficient and we don't really need a Canadian Section.

It would be nice if it was manditory for members to fill out proper locations in their profiles. I know I've had to ask numerous times where different members are located to gauge shipping costs. For us Canadians it's even more important seeing as we need to calculate in exchange rates, international shipping and possibly duty charges (I won't mention the fed-ex/UPS charges).

Even in higher traffic forums the same item is listed in multiple forums/threads and is a nightmare to look after your sale threads when people are posting in different ones at different times. I could see it working if the same thread could be accessed from either forum, like an option when posting but even that seems too complex (and may not even be posible)

Either way it's nice to see changes and updates being made. Even better that members are being asked for their opinions.

WarTowels

Is it possible with this forum software to have a multi-tiered section?

i.e. subsections.

Alltrac Related parts for sale

Then that is subdivided into maybe North America and Canada?

Maybe a check box, or something of the sort is clicked when filling out the thread.

Dunno. I would like a Canada for sale section and a north American section.

I see tons of things for sale, then I find out they are in Canada 1000 miles away and in another country and it's kinda a bummer.

-Towels

timmey

Cool idea. It would be very convenient, but could divide things in a negative way if threads will ship to either country. Then you might need a 3rd forum for either, then it just gets messy.

Could we have just one for sale forum (as it is now), but require a flag thread icon of the American or Canadian flag, or none/something else if you don't care where to ship to?

Cheers,

Timmey

pintoBC_3sgte

timmey":tw3e6u1g said:
Cool idea. It would be very convenient, but could divide things in a negative way if threads will ship to either country. Then you might need a 3rd forum for either, then it just gets messy.

Could we have just one for sale forum (as it is now), but require a flag thread icon of the American or Canadian flag, or none/something else if you don't care where to ship to?

Cheers,

Timmey

agree on all points :)

alltrac.net

Once we upgrade the software, it will be easier to have subforums, little flags, and all of that.

The Canadian for sale section will be restricted to things that you prefer to sell locally or within the borders.

There isn't much traffic here (yet), so cross posting is not a big deal. At least you know that if you post in the Canadian for sale section you don't have to deal with exchange rates and cross border issues.