Project: Make Love not War.

gearhead313

Thanks to Snyder, the new woman in my life has come home!

13535_201731066885_616461885_353882.jpg

a.jpg

oh the list of things i have planned......my my.

gearhead313

No doubt it was a great deal. Luckily, I'll be able to continue giving it love instead of someone else beating it up and not appreciating it.

I have a lot of ideas of things I want to do, but I have to realistically put them in order based on time and money. Since there wasnt much detail to actually what happened to the motor, I might diagnose that for pure curiosity and to flex my certified technician muscles. All I know now is there's no compression at #2 (per synder) and it wont fire. I will begin the process soon!

gearhead313

Fo shizzo. I'm excited to have another, but hopefully by now I can slither my way around all the headaches i had in my last 3 cars. Thats why i call this make love, not war.. i'll give it love it needs and try not to put a bullet in my face when it does break!

I got the car all cozied in today. I verified the situation, which is no compression on #2. the rest are 180 on the nose. I filled the cyl with oil and rechecked to find no change, so it must be in the valve train. Otherwise, the compression would have come up.. UNLESS there is a super gigantic hole in the piston somewhere. Regardless, it just reiterates the need to put my jdm 2nd gen motor in it. I also drove it around the block and it actually still had some power. Aside from some serious rear suspension rattles and no brakes what so ever, it was a good time :).

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

it was making friends with my s2k ..aw.
IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

LegacyofDan

damn nice shop, i'm envious, i'm relatively curious what it turns out to be the exact problem, since i almost decided to buy it my self a while back...well back when i had some play money :p...lol

165 brakes suck...imo...no surprise that you "had no brakes"....is it an ABS model?

gearhead313

stay put burnyd, i dont want slimey entrails all over my shop..........

I'm hoping the next few weeks i'll start pulling it. there's a TON i want to do while the engine is out.. and thanks for the compliments on my shop man :)

it is ABS, but i may be eliminating it.

LegacyofDan

yeah bleeding the ABS 165's are a bitch!(atleast when i did it on my white trac it was)...air bubbles get caught everywhere in that actuator of ABS, and the pedal feel just turns to straight shit.

GT4times2

Good to see it go to another enthusiast. (Family, so to speak. :) )

I'm eager to see what you have planned for it. (Pop Corn is ready!)

More pics, please!

Terracar

Wow is all I can say.

I want the shop, you can keep the cars. I will be out to have it choppered up to my place. And here I thought I was being way too greedy in planning an oversized 5-car tandem with it's own heat/AC (only reason teh fiance even considered was she would get the massive master bed/bath added above it). After looking at yours, maybe I need to expand on my idea a bit more. :twisted:

So back to the topic at hand...

What are the plans for the, now cozy, ST165? Mild power increase? Wild? Rally? Strip demon?

Please do tell.... oh and be sure to include plenty of pics of the shop and you can include a pic or two of the progress on the car. :p

-Terracar

gearhead313

haha thanks man, its not that great... i can put 9 cars inside for work and own about 30 right now. .all on a whole city block. its a ton to take care of, i'd rather just have a little 5 car!!

I'm going for just your basic street fighter setup. no rally, all tarmac. I'll probably track it here and there since its already got the springs, shocks and sways on it. I'm not sure what turbo im going to run yet or what other mods i'll be able to afford. i had a huge thread on the original at.net board about my first build.. which was 46 trim garrett with bolt ons and it never made it threw a tank of gas before it popped. this one will be different, just depends on money!!