GTSilver Member

GT Silver? :shrug:

<<<< Location: Metallic, TN

wtf?

15726986.jpg

I must have missed that, nice catch Gary

CMS-GT4

:p

Looks like the jig is up. Let me show you my clues, my clues let me show you them. :lol:

Let me break down the puzzle for you.
There were hints of saying look back to earlier post or previous hints.
CMS-GT4":nueoy752 said:
LoL. You guys should really go back to what I FIRST said, and then go from there. There has been too much muddled in the mix since then.

On that note, someone who has posted is on the right path, and I left them some bread crumbs to follow.

Der Anhaltspunkt, den Sie früh in diesem Gewinde suchen, sind.
Translated: The reference point, which you look for is early in this thread. I used German because it is a German car company, but I did not want to directly say it.

Dan had posted this picture. He amazed me because the clue was right over the picture.
LegacyofDan":nueoy752 said:
this shade of red :
firstlovefq6.jpg

Nope, but you just amazed me.

Someone posted an amazing picture in this thread. Find the source of this picture and you will then find your path to enlightenment.
This is where I am telling people to find the image, which is on the first page, where the clue is.

People who had likely seen the car
Today's hint:
I was looking at a thread on this forum and it made me realize that maybe a few people on this site in addition to the ones I speculated before, have seen this company's flagship in person. At least one other popular forum member has anyway. And it was fairly recent.
This person would be Pat C. When he ran the standing mile, he ran against a Porsche Carrera gt among other cars, which is the flag ship I hinted at. The other two of course would likely be Simba since he goes to exotic car meets, and possibly Rene.

The path to the answer:
I told everyone to go to an earlier post. The earlier post was the first on in this forum where I added the text:
Now if you managed to go back to this post, looking for a clue to my color choice, your in luck. Look at my profile and you will see I am also very "interested" in the next clue.
1stpostpaintclue.png

So then if you looked at my profile and my interests you would see a URL to the next clue.
profilepaintclue.png

If one were to copy and paste that URL they would be taken to my Deviant Art account journal where they would be given a clue to look at my sig.
dapaintclue.png

Then in my sig, there are two codes. The poem, and Morese Code which I made the same color as the forum back ground. So you would need to highlight it to find it. Which is why it was double coded. It was invisible, and it had to be deciphered. The More code reads: —— ——••• ——•• ••— ••——— or M7ZU2 which is the manufactures paint code when you add the /. M7Z/U2 .
I also used bullets instead of periods so the person would have to visually convert the code and not use a web conversion tool.
The next clue was this poem. The first letter of every word spells out the colors name.
Gone, The Son's Innocent Life: Violated, Eradicated, Reprimanded. My Empathy Takes Away Life's Loosing Impartiality—Condignly.
sigpaintclues.png

On to the other clues or answers that were right in front of your face. I had gotten Robert to change my forum status to GTSilver member. I made sure the GTS were capital so the first word would not attract too much attention since it was GTFour God before. I had him add the member part since I had recently become a Gold Member, and I thought that it would also not attract too much attention. Next, was my location. I have been in Knoxville, TN has been on my profile for several years. Even on the old forum. I changed it to Metallic which was the last part of the paint title. It is true, the best place to hide something is in plain sight.
forumrankpaintclue.png

Whats funny is wartowels took a screen grab in another thread and pointed out my post count, which has the location Metallic, TN in it.

wartowelshintaccident.png

So I hope you enjoyed our little game. Of course by now you have discovered that the paint color is Gt Silver Metallic from Porsche. It was used on their flagship the Carrera Gt and is also used on their 6cylinder Carrera Turbo, and the 4cylinder Boxter as homage to their classic race cars. Oh and the winner is: LegacyofDan. He will get a shirt from me in the not so distant future.

porsche20carrera20gtc.jpg

15726986.jpg

9071127002mini2l1df1.jpg

mike325ci

josh, you have way too much time on your hands... or rather, you need to get back in your car and drive...

i'm just glad this whole ordeal is over, LOL.

GT4times2

Very clever. I knew it was a Porsche. I mentioned Porsche, I looked at your location when it said Metallic, TN. I knew it was a Porsche!!! :doh:

I was stuck on it being blue, after all the tail chasing... :doh:

You're better off working for national security.... :p

Corey

That was awesome! Very creative lol

I was wondering why you had that weird signature for the past few days - never even thought it could be linked to your riddle.

CMS-GT4

mike325ci":ffa2529l said:
josh, you have way too much time on your hands... or rather, you need to get back in your car and drive...

i'm just glad this whole ordeal is over, LOL.

Not enough time. Staying busy with finals. I would like my car back though to drive. That would be nice.

GT4times2":ffa2529l said:
Very clever. I knew it was a Porsche. I mentioned Porsche, I looked at your location when it said Metallic, TN. I knew it was a Porsche!!! :doh:

I was stuck on it being blue, after all the tail chasing... :doh:

You're better off working for national security.... :p

I thought you were going to be the one to get it. I kept wondering why you kept saying blue though.

Corey Darling":ffa2529l said:
That was awesome! Very creative lol

I was wondering why you had that weird signature for the past few days - never even thought it could be linked to your riddle.

Yeah, the poem was a bit strange. I was half expecting someone just to ask WTF it was about, without even relating it to the riddle.

turbo4wd

darn, i've been so busy i never got my vote in :p

but yes.. that color is very nice in person.. if you were closer to Nashville Josh, I'd tell you to come out to our meets. A bunch of the SoCal transplants got together to start up our own cars & coffee meets and its grown large enough to where the Porsche and Ferrari clubs come hang out along with a large number of other assorted hotrods..
12434_169279312685_572477685_2960801_1088429_n.jpg

CMS-GT4

Its only a 2.5-3 hours away. I'll have to make a trip down there sometime and meet up. Or you need to come up and run the Dragon with me one weekend.

We have our own cars and coffee meet too. There are 3 or 4 Porsche race shops in town. One of the shops down the street from me host one. Once I get the alltrac back, I will show up at one of these.

BTW: We have an AWD dyno here too. I was thinking about setting up a dyno day for the next Dragon meet.

3335527973_faeb780814_b.jpg

3980609362_c18bb15d40_b.jpg

3623053468_0c0c16c939_o.jpg

3778480145_2f1ab3bc0c_b.jpg

3785784908_d8644251ac_b.jpg

More cars and coffee pics here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/connorgt3

turbo4wd

You know what.. those are the same guys that show up to our meets.. I've seen the same Ferraris and Lambos here.. lol Some of them come from far away - that Carrera owner came down from Kentucky..

Once the weather gets better I think several of my co-workers will be setting up a trip to go out to the Dragon. A dyno day would be fun - probably have to combine with some other groups to get the numbers the shop is looking for but I don't think it'd be too hard..

CMS-GT4

I think the shop said 8-12 people for a whole day.

I know that Lambo was recently at the Texas mile, so I am sure it gets around.

Keep me posted if you guys plan on coming up.

EDIT:

Time to put the ole sig back. I do think GTSilver member might not be a bad title though. :D

darthripley

CMS-GT4":13nohgxo said:
BTW: We have an AWD dyno here too. I was thinking about setting up a dyno day for the next Dragon meet.

I'd love to get Vadar on the dyno - that would be great to do as part of the big Dragon meet.
Count us in for that for certain.

That will be a real nice shade of silver for your alltrac - can't wait to see pics of it all painted up looking pretty :)

CMS-GT4

Thanks. I am hoping to get it back by the end of the year, but you know how holidays are. I am still waiting for the stuff from 1st toyota. Its been over a week and half. I may need to call and see what item is holding everything up.

I just finished finals yesterday. I now graduated from my 2 year school and will be moving on to the state university to study, art design and philosophy. Its very exciting. I am going to try and be ery productive for my business and art this winter, so I will be a good busy instead of hectic.

The only thing I have been trying to figure out on my car is the rotors. I still have not come up with a solution for those.

GT4times2

CMS-GT4":15cn6x60 said:
Thanks. I am hoping to get it back by the end of the year, but you know how holidays are. I am still waiting for the stuff from 1st toyota. Its been over a week and half. I may need to call and see what item is holding everything up.

I just finished finals yesterday. I now graduated from my 2 year school and will be moving on to the state university to study, art design and philosophy. Its very exciting. I am going to try and be ery productive for my business and art this winter, so I will be a good busy instead of hectic.

The only thing I have been trying to figure out on my car is the rotors. I still have not come up with a solution for those.

Glad to hear all is well. Congratulations on your graduation. Still designing a hot pink t-shirt for the winner? Hot pink please....

Before getting into busy mode, is there any chance to play with my car and photoshop?

:p

CMS-GT4

I posted in your thread about the PS.

So I spent today at pull a part, and just ended up with some screws. People trash these cars to get to other parts. I also checked out every car they had to see if I could find some decent looking side skirts. The only skirts I could consider trying were stuck since they rest the car on spare rims. So that scrapped that plan. Next I took off a MK1 mr2 lower arm to see if it could be a solution for making a cheap lighter a-arm for the 185. Well, its not that light. Its cast metal. I think it could very well be iron. Also, the mounting bolt is much smaller diameter than the 185s. The length is about the same though. I suspect one cold make a custom bushing that could accommodate the 185 bolt, but due to its weight its likely not worth it. I am curious about the last gen sw20s. I think they had an aluminum version. It may be a solution as well. I think one might be best off just making their own arm.

GT4times2

Thanks (about the PS). When you have time, no rush.

By the way, did you get the part new? Looks good. (Bigger pics would be nice :) )

CMS-GT4

If you find pics like I asked, and post them in your thread. It might be easier for me to find time. :p

EDIT; I compared the pads from my 205 front calipers and my new supra pads. They are the same.

CMS-GT4

So now I am debating on my back plate emblem.

I have a new gtfour emblem, and I have my old alltrac emblem. I have always wanted a turbo 4wd emblem. So now I am debating what I am going to do. I would leave it blank, but I don't want people to mistake it for just a celica.

My only hang up with gtfour is that I feel poseurish placing the emblem on my car. I know it is one, but I never liked seeing people place skyline emblems on G35s or fairlady emblems on Zs. The thing I like about the alltrac name is to me it is saying this car is ready for "all tracks." Offroad, road course, whatever.

If I got the turbo4wd badge, I think I might put it where celica was, and put gtfour on the other side. Not sure. I may need to do some PS work.

This place called jdmpit has the turbo4wd badge.