New features

alltrac.net

Here are some things you will notice in the new software:

- Quick links for all unanswered posts, unread posts, new posts, and your own posts
- Hot topics link
- Sub forums (You will see sections change into smaller subsections)
- Bookmarks, you can save threads you find interesting for the future
- Drafts, save a draft of a post you aren't finished with, to post later
- Friends and foes, see when your friends are online, and also ignore users you don't like
- PM folders, arrange your PMs into folders

gearhead313

Does this board have the feature where you mouse over a topic and it gives you a little preview of the first so many lines of the first post?

Shaggz00

gearhead313":1bsndowr said:
Does this board have the feature where you mouse over a topic and it gives you a little preview of the first so many lines of the first post?

dude, I'm sorry but they have that on SupraMania, and it's so f-ing annoying.

please don't do it! lol

btw, Robert - I also gotta say, yesterday I thought the new format sucked balls, but I see you are customizing it now, and it's getting a lot better!

YerRandO

how do I change my settings to only highlight new post since my last visit, right now it's highlighting older posts that I havn't read from days ago (since the upgrade) even if I log in tomorow those post will still be highlighted as new. Just wondering if thats an option, the old board was set up like that.

WarTowels

Can we change stickies to have a different link color, and possibly a different background color so they stand out more?

-Towels

Gary ST165

YerRandO":1lbgvbfp said:
how do I change my settings to only highlight new post since my last visit, right now it's highlighting older posts that I havn't read from days ago (since the upgrade) even if I log in tomorow those post will still be highlighted as new. Just wondering if thats an option, the old board was set up like that.

these 2 options work well enough for me:

http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/search.php?search_id=newposts
&
http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/search.php?search_id=unreadposts

but the active topics function is without doubt the best feature ;) especially if you accidentally close your browser window and or need to log off cause you are at work etc

Tommy

Gary ST165":1lf2hyjo said:
by alltrac.net » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:29 am
alltrac.net":1lf2hyjo said:
After an upgrade, it takes a few days for active topics to work. Basically, they aren't active yet.

I got a message saying the board was being updated earlier today... so any news or plans to make use of the view active topics function ? : http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/search.php?se ... ive_topics

Just enabled this feature. Should be working soon. Try going back further than 7 days for now to see active topics.

GT4_ever

Is it just me, or is search being a bit wonky?

Heck, I even searched for "gt4" just to test, and it only came back with one result!

Gary ST165

GT4_ever":1l6xxcsz said:

Heck, I even searched for "gt4" just to test, and it only came back with one result!

agreed.

maybe the search needs to be re-indexed

Tommy

Gary ST165":3tesq37c said:
GT4_ever":3tesq37c said:

agreed.

maybe the search needs to be re-indexed

The search index was cleared recently, and I plan on switching it over to a google custom search which seems to be more accurate and consumes far few system resources. (Faster)

Gary ST165

Tommy,

I see the new search box top right, and the google custom search box works OK-ish.

eg if i wanted to search for "sugar cube" i know i can copy and paste this text in to google :

sugar cube site:alltrac.net

like so: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sugar+cube+site%3Aalltrac.net

but i would ask you to re-index the search as i don't know if google cannot replace the phpBB search features, like search by author, 1st post , search title etc > unless you can teach us how to get better results please

thanks in advance

Gary