Apex-i SAFC 2

pinoyGT4

anyone tried or have proven feedbacks about this product on our tracs? particularly on a JDM 185, 2nd gen GTE... :D

someone's selling one here that's quite in the budget.. if it will bring good gains to my car than just boring a hole in my pocket, then ill get it.. :D

Apex-i NEO is a bit expensive and basing from the other thread here, nobody replied to it.. so im guessing nobody has feedbacks about it.. :bangshead:

and im not that die hard racing guy yet to venture into emanage blue or ultimate what more stand alones.. hehehe!

so there.. any help is appreciated.. :D

Speedricer

I had one on my old motor setup. Be very careful tuning it. A wideband is a must to have lasting success with the tune and a dyno tune will get the most out of it.
They are a nice unit for the price.

pinoyGT4

Speedricer":2floxcdv said:
I had one on my old motor setup. Be very careful tuning it. A wideband is a must to have lasting success with the tune and a dyno tune will get the most out of it.
They are a nice unit for the price.

did you produce more power with this unit? and should i still be using MAF after installing this? :D

Speedricer

You can lose the afm with a HKS vpc (vein pressure controller). Or go to the 205 ecu
I saw ok power gains but I was not tuning correctly.... Tune on a dyno

CSAlltrac

SAFC2s are crap........I just took mine out of my car, it was causing all sorts of issues. Alltracs and SAFC2s dont mix.

6strngs

If you're gonna do, apparently you are only supposed to use it to add fuel, not subtract it, or else it messes with your timing. Read the Power Primer if you haven't already.

Anyway, I've used the SAFCII and the neo, and I have to say I liked the Neo a lot more. You could adjust at more RPM points and in 50 RPM incriments instead of 100 (or was it 200?) rpm incriments. And just the overall display and everything was way nicer. SAFC II gets the same job done though if you don't care about aesthetics.

pinoyGT4

CSAlltrac":2t2dvrfr said:
SAFC2s are crap........I just took mine out of my car, it was causing all sorts of issues. Alltracs and SAFC2s dont mix.

why? what sort of issues?

i really wanna know.. :D

6strngs":2t2dvrfr said:
If you're gonna do, apparently you are only supposed to use it to add fuel, not subtract it, or else it messes with your timing. Read the Power Primer if you haven't already.

Anyway, I've used the SAFCII and the neo, and I have to say I liked the Neo a lot more. You could adjust at more RPM points and in 50 RPM incriments instead of 100 (or was it 200?) rpm incriments. And just the overall display and everything was way nicer. SAFC II gets the same job done though if you don't care about aesthetics.

thanks for the info.. :D

CSAlltrac

The only use I got out of mine was the monitoring. other than that it had me running lean for some reason no matter how many points I added, maybe it was just my car , It was also pulling knock and O2 code about every week, hasent pulled it since i yanked it. its running alot better without it.

88st165

There are some people on the mr2oc that run the safc to pull fuel. They use the added timing as an advantage and supplement the missing fuel with lots of meth. Agreed that it is very risky esp if you meth fails then you will likely lose your motor. But if you have fail-safes in place then its feasable.

gearhead313

I remember working with this a while ago on my old 165. If you know where you are pulling your fuel down into, you can look at the stock maps and plot where the timing is going to go. I might have the maps somewhere still for reference.. You would ideally log total timing to see before and after.... i've held a timing light to cars on the dyno before which does the same thing.

pinoyGT4

wew!

it was a damn good idea to ask around here before i bought the SAFC-2.. hahaha!

well, from the feedbacks, i think most had a hard time huh?

well, ill still look at the good comments about it.. but as of now, as a student, i cant afford to blow my engine........yet.. :lol:

ok, follow up question..

if ever i still push thru with it, should i pair with with ITC?