Command Start/ Alarm

I am looking at purchasing a 2 way Command Start / Alarm system for my car. These winters are way to cold to be running out the car every morning. Anyone who lives in Northern Canada would know what I mean. I am just wondering what systems my fellow canadians have in their Celicas and if they would recommend it or not.

Thanks Guys :D

zero06

dumb question... do these car starters work on M/T? how do they depress the clutch on start? and must the car be left in neutral inorder to start?

zero06":21nnhrd2 said:
dumb question... do these car starters work on M/T? how do they depress the clutch on start? and must the car be left in neutral inorder to start?
With my old car I had to put it in Neutral put the E brake on than hold down a button. You'd hear a click that meant it was set than you could start it the next morning or anytime after. You just have to set when you park it.
Rpz123isme":21nnhrd2 said:
python 871xp great unit
I am looking more for something the screen on the remote.

Rpz123isme

If you install it your self you can put in a safty switch that will not allow it to start in gear. I just bypass the safty stuff cause i have never had the habbit of leaving my cars in gear. but dont blame me if you do the same and start it in gear.....loo

Corey

Compustar looks like a nice system. I've been think about having it installed for the alarm/keyless entry capability - not so much the remote start it is capable of.

The system works up to a mile away.

trialsmaster2

Corey Darling":13bdzsq2 said:
Compustar looks like a nice system. I've been think about having it installed for the alarm/keyless entry capability - not so much the remote start it is capable of.

I have the 2-way Compustar in my GT Four for the reason Corey mentioned. I don't use the remote start part of it, but I do use it for the turbo timer function, keyless entry, and paging alarm function.

For the wife's 5 speed Echo and our Delica, we went with the 1-way version of the Compustar alarm. We use the remote start on those two all the time!

YerRandO

trialsmaster2":38smy92a said:
Corey Darling":38smy92a said:

I have the 2-way Compustar in my GT Four for the reason Corey mentioned. I don't use the remote start part of it, but I do use it for the turbo timer function, keyless entry, and paging alarm function.

For the wife's 5 speed Echo and our Delica, we went with the 1-way version of the Compustar alarm. We use the remote start on those two all the time!

RWDragoon

We just started to do remote starts and alarms. I spent alot of time researching the different brands and systems and support for all of them, and we came to the conclusion that Comp-Star is probably the best bang-for-buck in Canada. The models available are different then the ones in the USA. Apparently Canadian law lets us use different frequency's then the USA to get even further range. So far they are all pretty solid though, and they work well with M/T as well as automatics. I love my remote start on my GT4RC... they run sooo much better when they are warmed up! Plus having Climate control works really well with remote starts too!

Quakefire

My 205's current remote start is I run out and use the turbo timer, not so nice

The car gets a Compu-Star 2way starter/alarm combo and is having the turbo timer taken out as well because the remote can duplicate this function. I figure if the guy can wire in a airbag controller to his celcior he can do my gt4