Stock Narrow Band Oxygen Sensor Output

ironpanther

Does our stock O2 sensor output on a 0-1v scale or 0-5v scale? I ask because the BGB shows the diagnostic connector output range to be 0-5v but that is coming from the ecu and not directly to the sensor so I would be inclined to think that the sensor is, like most sensors, on a 0-1v scale and the ecu adjusts that for easier diagnostic with a voltmeter.

The reason I ask is my PLX wideband provides for a 0-1v narrowband output and my stock 02 sensor is failling, as indicated by a leaning out of the mixture whenever the car switched to closed loop at cruise. I'd rather use what I have then spend money to replace the sensor when I don't need to.

ironpanther

You are indeed correct. It was a 0-1v scale. I swapped the OX1 at the ecu from stock to the 0-1v narrowband output on my wideband and the car is running AMAZING. For anyone who saw my previous post about a strange low rpm shudder or hesitation this seems to have fixed it. I will post again if it comes back.

bozo-merlin

Do you have a 1 wire or a 4 wire O2 sensor ? And do you keep the OEM sensor plug to harness ?

I had a CEL when my PLX emulate the narrowband output because i unplug my OEM sensor (no more Heat circuit).

ironpanther

I actually kept the stock one plugged in exactly so I wouldn't trip a code for the heater circuit. I cut the wire going into the ecu designated ox1(o2 sensor signal wire) and soldered the narrowband output wire from the plx to the stub of ox1 going into the ecu. Seeing as our cars are obd1, as long as the ecu sees proper voltage it doesn't check anything else. For all the ecu knows it is still seeing and heating the stock 4 wire o2 sensor. And it really is still running the heater. The signal though is from the plx.