Group Buy ALLOY RADIATORS

klue

Who wants one, Im getting st185 and st165, maybe st205 if there is enough interest.

Let me see the interest first and then I will get pricing. Obviously better than others are advertising.

klue

Lets see what the interest is like FIRST.
then we can discuss pricing. If there isnt enough interest im just going to buy one for me, and mike :p

Rick89GTS

^Last time I checked, there were several ASI listings for not much more than $200 shipped out of WA state, but yes, the average is about $250.

Klue, I asked about offshore production b/c I don't see the benefit of producing another alloy rad unless it's lower in cost or higher in quality. But then again, more competition and selection is a good thing for us, so go for it.

klue

I prefer not to produce parts offshore. I prefer to keep the business local, But it really seems like im the only one that values parts made in canada. I get little to no love for making stuff here, lots of guys are looking to asia to produce parts with inferior materials and manufacturing techniques.

Right now Im looking at about 500 bucks to make myslef 1 alloy rad in a neighboring town. Even if I had a few more it would probably be around the 300-400 range. I dont know anyone on this website who is going to pay that much for a rad, when they can get some ebay tuner stuff for 200 bucks. Mind you I know that the quality will be 10 times better.

I guess its obvious to me when something is quality made your paying for the craftsman ship, thats why the OEM denso unit is like 600 bucks. And its half plastic....

anyway sorry for venting. But this will be a go for me either way, and mike too.

Rick89GTS

No need to be sorry for venting. I empathize with you on most points and I wish I could justify (and afford) the cost of locally made parts. As we know all too well, the cost of upkeep on these cars can be astronomical, so I'm willing to make what I deem are reasonable compromises. However, I can't agree that the OEM rad is better quality. Of course the fit is perfect, but those plastic end tanks always fail over time - that's what motivated me to get the ASI radiators done. Anyways, I don't want to clutter up your thread with my ramblings, but best of luck with your group buy :)

Locker

Rick89GTS":1x7amfmc said:
No need to be sorry for venting. I empathize with you on most points and I wish I could justify (and afford) the cost of locally made parts. As we know all too well, the cost of upkeep on these cars can be astronomical, so I'm willing to make what I deem are reasonable compromises. However, I can't agree that the OEM rad is better quality. Of course the fit is perfect, but those plastic end tanks always fail over time - that's what motivated me to get the ASI radiators done. Anyways, I don't want to clutter up your thread with my ramblings, but best of luck with your group buy :)

If it was around $300 so $100 more than the ASI would you be willing to pay the extra for the quality?
Just curious more than anything else. Also where in the Great White are you? I travel all over Northern Ontario well as north as Hearst and WAwa

klue

Just 1 week until the order is place. Get your orders in, because I know once I get them everyone is going to want one after.
Luke