3SGE intake manifold on a 3SGTE??

redGT4

^ i did, but if i upgrade the engine next year or after, then i wouldn't mind getting this side throttle intake. I mean i can just pick it up off the ground and walk away.

vip09

If you use the 2nd gen 3S-GTE throttle body you will need to block the idle adjustment area off on the throttle body as it will overlap over where it mates with the intake manifold flange.

built2run

so does this hold true for gen3 to gen3? because they look way different i have been concidering a greytop intake manifold

bccentaur3

vip09":1v6wdo41 said:
If you use the 2nd gen 3S-GTE throttle body you will need to block the idle adjustment area off on the throttle body as it will overlap over where it mates with the intake manifold flange.

i think you're referring to the gen 3 3sge intake manifold to the gen 3 3sgte intake manifold correct? If so, yes they share the same bolt pattern, although I wouldn't know if there would be clearance issues. I believe the 3rd gen and 4th gen all share the same bolt patterns intake and exhaust side. Thats why you see some 3rd gen 3sgtes with 4th gen caldina intake manifolds.

vip09

bccentaur3":3byiypmb said:
vip09":3byiypmb said:

i think you're referring to the gen 3 3sge intake manifold to the gen 3 3sgte intake manifold correct? If so, yes they share the same bolt pattern, although I wouldn't know if there would be clearance issues. I believe the 3rd gen and 4th gen all share the same bolt patterns intake and exhaust side. Thats why you see some 3rd gen 3sgtes with 4th gen caldina intake manifolds.

NO, I'm talking about the throttle body to intake manifold flange.

xander279

there is a guy selling his gt-four that lives in mobile alabama (its in the ads section), and he has one, but he planned on selling it with the car, but maybe you can convince him to sell it to you... he also has a FMIC kit too that fits that manafold too. it would be a nice little project to do a Intake Manifold/ Intercooler conversion.

Gary ST165":2xy0w2md said:
This ST162 3sge manifold was modified for use with the ST185 TB and factory idle control

why do the runners on your manifold look so different from the runners on my 88 celica gts 3sge? does your manifold have 8 ports or 4?

MXP_57

Is there any 3sge manifold without tvis ?

Also i have a block of plate for the idle valve. Would i still able to bolt it to the 3sge manifold?
Cheers

TRDcelica90

ive heard there are both TVIS and non TVIS 3sges so yeh you should be able to get one. wouldnt have a clue if it would bolt up or not though.

DudeMan

Mafix recommended using the GTE throttle body. Though his is a 165 and mine is a 185 I'm not sure if there's any differences.

Stock throttle cable is used too I assume.

I should maybe go pick one of these up tomorrow.