Need help picking up car (DMV area)

lumbercis

Okay! I'm tentatively scheduled to pick the car up next Wednesday (pending confirmation from the shipper guy) at the Balt-DC auto auction.

So I need help with two things:

1) A ride from DC (metro station of your choice) to the auto auction. I've got tow service if it breaks down, so no need to follow me anywhere.

2) I need to figure out where I'm getting the engine swap done. Since it doesn't seem that there is enough interest in renting warehouse space right now, I have a couple options. First is find a self-storage place willing to let me work on the car in the unit. If any of you have done this before and know of a place then let me know. Second idea is to find a shop willing to rent me a bay. So send me the names of any local shops you have used in the past and I will call them and see what they say. Third option is to pay a shop to do the swap. I'm going to farm out the wiring to Dr. Tweak, so it should be a pretty basic "remove engine, put engine back in" swap. But it would help if the shop in question had some experience with Toyotas.

Thanks guys!!

97JZA80

Dude congrats post pix when it arrives...My bro and I would help you out but your not exactly 5 minutes away. GL

lumbercis

Hey guys!!

Well, it looks like this is finally going to happen. My car should get delivered tomorrow to the Baltimore-Washington auto auction here:
http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf8...9.174432,-76.756183&spn=0.75054,1.231842&z=10

They are going to leave the keys with the attendant so I can pick it up after hours (the lot is open 24 hours).

I could still use a ride from wherever is the closest metro to you to the auction lot (I live in the capitol hill neighborhood in DC). As I said before I have AAA so I don't need to be followed back or anything. Should be about an hour of your time, and I'm willing to buy dinner.

There's no daily charge for the parking, so I'm looking to go get it Friday evening or Saturday. Let me know if you can help out! :D

lumbercis

Mission accomplished! A nice dude from the mr2oc boards gave me a lift.

Pics to come once I get the registration taken care of. Although it's in kind of rough shape right now. Has some decent rust right behind the rear wheels on the quarter panel. Nothing money cant fix. :p

CrazyAchmed

lumbercis":14y49aqe said:
Pics to come once I get the registration taken care of. Although it's in kind of rough shape right now. Has some decent rust right behind the rear wheels on the quarter panel. Nothing money cant fix. :p

Must be nice to have money like that!

Congrats on the final purchase/pick up of the car.

esracing

Come on registration dosent have anything to do with taking pics ,let's see the baby! Congrats always nice to have another trac in the naberhood.

lumbercis

I'd be too embarassed at it's current condition to bring it to a meet. Besides, it would probably break down on the way. Hopefully I can figure out where to get the work done soon. I want to be able to drive once the weather gets nice!

97JZA80

If it will break down then I understand...if its due to looks bring it. Plenty of us in the resto-while-driving state....

LegacyofDan

yeah seriously dude, i am going to be probably showing up in my white trac and its missing a door panel body kit piece still....and has a mystery drivetrain knocking sound....but its not gutted so you will like it ;) (jk with ya) ...still though, with my dry humor put aside, make an appearance man!

lumbercis

^Glad to know my reputation precedes me. :rofl:

The car drives right now, but the engine has 213k on it at the moment, so it could go any time. I'd be nervous driving it long distances.

J.

LegacyofDan

well fine, you don't HAVE to take the alltrac, just take your DD :)....not many people are showing up in their tracs anyway, only the select few whom have not been able to show theirs off before :), it is still going to be a good meet, you should show up regardless, esp since your the mod for the North east section. :p

lumbercis

Oh sure, make me feel guilty why don't you?? :p

And this car IS my DD! :evil: Actually, I live in the DC metro area so I don't DD anything other than the subway. This was bought as weekend project.

If you want me to show up, find some people to help me do an ST215 swap in the next 11 days and I'm there. :crazy:

alltracman78

lumbercis":3vndjsy9 said:
^Glad to know my reputation precedes me. :rofl:

The car drives right now, but the engine has 213k on it at the moment, so it could go any time. I'd be nervous driving it long distances.

J.
Why would it just go? Unless there's something specifically wrong with it I don't see why it wouldn't keep running. :shrug: