DMV Area, Northern Va Request

thebish5thgen

I am in the process of restoring my beloved Alltrac. As many of us here, I have a very limited budget.

So to be very blunt, I could really use some help (maybe an understatement) doing a turbo swap (manifold, turbo, dp, etc...) from some of you who may be interested in making a few extra bucks and help to get another trac back on the road.

The reason I turn here is that I CAN afford to pay a shop to do it, but that leaves me with not enough in my budget for some other necessary repairs. These include Rear suspension, Body work, Tuning (because of the swap this WILL be necessary) and a waste-gate.

My budget is such that with the proper help (minus a reasonable compensation) after the turbo swap I should be able to afford the important body work, and rear suspension. I will then have enough to look into tuning (though if that costs 500 bucks then I have to knock something else off the list)

I know that this is really asking a lot, for someone to sacrifice their time and go out of their way...but if anyone is willing to at least discuss the possibility of helping and putting a little money in their own pocket...Please PM me, and I will give you a phone number so that we can set this up or at least grab a beer sometime.

Thanks to any who dare to even read this far.

--In the debt of any who can help!

Shaggz00

I dunno how much time I cold really lend, but I work just down the road in Lorton. Maybe I can swing by after work some time, and give you a hand. I'm off work at 3

thebish5thgen

If you know how to properly do this then any time spent would be much appreciated. if you want I can PM you my phone number, the parts are being ordered now so they are not here yet, but I will need to finish this project in the next 2-3 weeks so I can get to work once my rental car is done being paid for by insurance lol

lumbercis

We may have complementary problems. I need to do an engine swap as well, but my main problem is having someplace to do the work.

Im willing to spend my next few weekends helping you with your swap if, after we are done, we can then do my swap at your place as well.

Ive only done bolt on type work before, so i cant offer any deep knowledge. But i can offer non-flaky labor and and some extra hand tools.

LMK
J

thebish5thgen

I can certainly see if we can work something out...The only 2 things A. Its a 2 car garage that we would be working in, with not a LOT of extra space, but doable. B. Its my parents place so I just gotta check with them, but I'm more than willing to do that if they are cool with it. pm me a phone number and a name and I'll give you a call this week.

oh and to clarify, I'm doing a turbo swap not an engine swap

lumbercis

Oh well, even better! I've actually done a turbo swap before. I'm willing to come out and help you with your turbo swap on the weekend even if we aren't able to do my engine swap there. An engine swap is a significantly longer endeavor than a turbo swap. Not something we could likely get done in a weekend without an army of help.

But run it by your folks and see how understanding they are. Make it clear that if we ran into a snafu or were missing a part that we had to order, they might have to have a half disassembled car in their garage for a couple weeks. I'd rather they know what they are getting into beforehand than have them get upset when things don't go according to plan. :p

J.

suprakid95

i could help you out for free, im a mechanic at waldrof volkswagen/subaru for my credentials and I'd just help for free. i live in burke so im right next door.

lumbercis

^Suprakid, you do side jobs? I'm still trying to find someone to do my engine swap. PM me if you are interested.

J.

suprakid95

lol i help people i dont have a garage so i dont do side jobs. but if its simple stuff like a turbo swap i mean sure.

thebish5thgen

haha well the turbo swap is in the works thanks all for the replys. lol thanks suprakid for the offer btw. haha and sorry the garage thing didn't work out for the engine swap, I got 86'd on that idea.