How To : Install emanage blue

mx6er2587

awesome stuff. I'm midway through installing my emanage now. Just need to finish up my patch harness and make sure it works.

We should have a nice little group of cars running emanage soon enough. I personally sold two other emanage systems to users on here. So that should make 4 of us and I know cms-gt4 sold his here recently too so that might make 5.

MrDB

I have a weired stutter occasionally and ive traced it the the AFM interception where in / out does not match although at the moment all the afm maps are zero'd....

Anyone know of a solution ???

I tried a DIY patch harness but unless all the connectors are a good fit it causes all sorts of issues..

Might as well hard wire it in as it only actually cuts 2 wires and those you can use good connectors on so you can just unplug if need be....

lumbercis

Check mr2oc for threads about emanage. I got the impression a lot of people had trouble getting emanage to work with the Toyota ECU. :shrug:

Shaggz00

I've been running the blue for a year now, but I never installed the ignition harness. I was doing fuel only. After reading that last little bit, I'm rethinking my decision! I didn't realize that it adds timing as you "take away" air :shock: Can anybody elaborate on that process for me?

Also, i did want to mention to some people having problems. If you know all your connections are ok, go and check all your grounds. Battery/engine to body, unit ground, etc. I have found that it is really finnicky and gives off false readings if the ground is bad. It also did this weird thing where it would jump to 65,000 RPMS and all over the range below that. Turns out it was a bad ground from the engine to frame.

I'm so happy to have a decent E-manage Blue thread going on!! :D

MrDB

I know it works ive seen it working on st185's / 165's and mr2's...

Main problem with install is people try it then it doesnt work and everyone thinks it doesnt... All to do with fitting i had issues originally as i used plug connectors instead of solder connectors...

I suspect it is a ground problem on mine so im running feeds back to battery and going from there.

It seeems that when load increases and more output is required from emanage it breaks down so this does sound like a power problem..

By design when the std toyota ecu reads from AFM it produces a certain amount of ignition advance. If your fooling the ECU with different AFM values then you will be on the wrong ignition correction. So you need to fit the ignition harness, so you can pull the advance ignition back etc....

thebish5thgen

This may be a dumb question, but....does anyone have pics of the best way to install/mount the emanage blue? I am ready to plug and play...but I need to figure out HOW to put it in the car correctly.

Thanks.