Anyone need a short-term DD? Take over 2009 Camry lease 1 yr

mike325ci

Anyone need a short-term DD? -> Take over 2009 Camry lease for 1 year?

I thought of this idea since a lot of our ATs are down for work or upgrades, we all have a need for a daily driver / second car... Well, is anyone interested in a short-term (12-month) lease takeover of a 2009 Camry LE? We're trying to find the best way figure out what we are going to do with this car, and I think a lease takeover is the best solution if we can find someone... First, we are trying our network of friends and social circles. If no luck there, we'll go to a site like swapalease.com and try to find someone there... So here goes:

Details of CAR:
The car is a 2009 Toyota Camry LE (4-cyl) in White, automatic tranny, tan cloth interior, factory mp3 cd player, factory alarm & remote door lock, 14,666 miles. VIN is 4T4BE46K59R053505. What more can I say about it? Owned/driven by non-smoker woman in her 30s who is anally clean about her car lol. No pets, hardly any passengers, and she forbids eating in the car. It's never been in an accident, well maintained, not daily driven (driven few times a week, plus occasional road trips (which account for bulk of the miles), parked in underground secured parking garage of apartment (i.e. not in the sun). Driver's side window was broken into not too long ago (they stole her GPS) and the window + rubber seals were replaced (no claim to insurance, b/c cost was below her deductible; glass was not covered). Whenever I visit her, I check on the car and bring it in for oil change and car washes, etc. The car drives like new still. It is very spacious, comfortable, and the trunk is big [lol compared to my cars, definitely...]. Makes a great DD.

Details of the LEASE:
Date of desired lease takeover: May 17, 2010 (which leaves exactly 12-months remaining)
Lease payments: $256.81 / month (inclusive of CA state tax)
Lease start date: 5/17/2008
Lease end date: 5/17/2011
Remaining months on lease: 12
Miles allowance (full lease term): 36000
Remaining miles allowance: 21000 (which is 1400 miles/month)
Lessor: Toyota Financial Services
Dealership: Toyota of Glendale (CA)

Details of REASON:
The situation is simple: This is my girlfriend's car and she will be moving soon (either here to New York to out of the country). She cannot take the car with her overseas (shipping + import tax is $$$$) and it makes no sense to bring the car here because I already have 3 cars that I barely drive (I walk/subway/train/cab everywhere I need to go). Yes, we've looked at the lease-takeover sites and we'll probably try our luck there if we can't find anyone within our networks first.

Photos:
Here are some photos that she took. I am going to have to take more myself later:

http://picasaweb.google.com/mike325ci/2 ... EAutomatic

Thanks~!

P.S. I was going to post this in off-topic, but it's more of a regional off-topic, so I posted here (didn't post 2x, just once). If mods want to move it to a more appropriate place, then please do so.

mike325ci

We found someone to take over the lease through SwapALease.com so we are all set for now... :)

Thanks for reading~