What's this button??????

Domspun

It's in my ST185H. When I push it, my mirrors make a strange sound and the glass is vibrating!?!? :shock: Somekind of de-icer?

button-2.jpg

button-1.jpg

button-3.jpg

ct27gt

I'm assuming that's the jdm heated mirrors option. not joking either. I think they had heated side views.

Domspun

Corey Darling":6exufnsr said:
No, i think meurz is right, ive read that its a vibration system to shake water off.
It's what I think too, but it's not great. It's funny though, you see "clouds" coming out of the mirror! I think it's heated too because the light stay on for a little while. I didn't try it during winter... next year!

I'try to get a video, it's very funny! :D

zero06

Are there parts I can get to add this to my powerfolds?
I have an obsession with trying to get every option.

CMS-GT4

I would not consider jdm mirrors after seeing this. Its always annoyed me with damn rain drops on the mirrors. Neat feature.

Meurz

The button should control vibration only. Mirror heating is linked to the rear windscreen heating/demister.

Domspun

Maybe it 's better when there is some frost or ice on the glass. Shaking the ice off would makes more sense than just water, 'cause I tried it in the car wash and did not see a lot better... :shrug:

sammyw

That is pretty cool, my dads all-trac has a mystery button near the radio it has what looks like a japanese character on it, nothing noticeable happens when you push it. He calls it his Godzilla button.

gt4tified

sammyw":1tfiv5rn said:
That is pretty cool, my dads all-trac has a mystery button near the radio it has what looks like a japanese character on it, nothing noticeable happens when you push it. He calls it his Godzilla button.

Can you post a pic of it, at its location? Someone might be able to help....unless he wants to keep the air of mystery about it. :lol: