New hood idea.

tintman22

I just finished up on installing the new 3m Carbon wrap on my hood. What do you think? Now I am not sure of the yellow lights any more, might have to change them to a light smoke film.

S5002391.jpg

S5002393.jpg

Close up of the carbon
S5002392.jpg

mike325ci

i don't like it at all... looks weird. and your car looked so nice too...

however, i am intrigued by the product-- i think there are better places to put them on: is it adhesive backed, or is it static cling, or...? i guess it's time to do some research... i can imagine putting that stuff in the interior and it would look nice if done right...

Autobot

I'm not a fan of the look, but it looks like a clean application. Nice work. I also prefer the clear headlights too.

db

Yellow lenses only belong on foggies. I'd probably like that strip better on a darker car. Red and black just contrasts too much for me.

darthripley

mike325ci":1ehbn6oh said:

+1

looks like it was installed nicely, but doesn't look good with the car being red.
put the yellow/amber film on the foglights & make the headlights clear again.

tintman22

Mafix":39g15ure said:
looks pretty damn good!

Thanks I love it!!

mike325ci":39g15ure said:
however, i am intrigued by the product-- i think there are better places to put them on: is it adhesive backed, or is it static cling, or...? i guess it's time to do some research... i can imagine putting that stuff in the interior and it would look nice if done right...

It has an adhesive on it. I do plan on doing some interior peices as well, will post pics when done. What looks wierd about it?

db":39g15ure said:
Yellow lenses only belong on foggies. I'd probably like that strip better on a darker car. Red and black just contrasts too much for me.

I had the yellow lenses because I wanted someting differant. I think the yellow lights with the red really gives it that rally look. Thanks for the imput.

toayoztan

I think the quality of the application is clean too, however when I see this, a 1996 or so camaro with a scoop/cowl comes to mind...

Thought about maybe the hood or trunk? Just throwing out random ideas.

Bryan

Rick89GTS

Sorry, not a fan of that. At a distance, it looks like grey primer to me. But as long as your happy that's what counts :)

Puffy

Maybe running the weave in the same direction on the lower section may have tied it in better.
It looks OK but your car is much better without it.

tintman22":21n9fial said:
I had the yellow lenses because I wanted someting differant. I think the yellow lights with the red really gives it that rally look. Thanks for the imput.
Not a fan of the yellow lights on red.... I imagine this is what a McDonalds express delivery car would look like.

ct27gt

The good news is that it looks like a very clean application. On the fence about whether I like it or not. Personal preference, but if you like it, that's really all that matters.

I wonder what this would look like with a bit of clear coat on it? Might resemble a more legitimate carbon appearance.

A buddy of mine was going to do this to his (Civic's) roof to match his carbon hood and hatch, thus completing the 'panda' effect.

smog7

darthripley":1ga4bnv5 said:
mike325ci":1ga4bnv5 said:

+1

looks like it was installed nicely, but doesn't look good with the car being red.
put the yellow/amber film on the foglights & make the headlights clear again.

what they said...

a little too ricey for me

WarTowels

Carbon fiber is increasingly becoming the most tacky substance in the auto industry.

Carbon hit a sweet spot in my opinion, about 2-4 years ago. I'm talking specifically about the outer most layer of the carbon fiber, the famous "weave". Because really, that's the face of carbon fiber and often times that's the only reason people buy it. For the look! That's so absurd to me.

Unpainted carbon fiber to me is like a 3 foot tall giant aluminum wing.
The good looking one is the painted, appropriately designed one.

So that's about the level of tacky-ness I get from carbon fiber = 3' aluminum wings. (Most cars just can't pull it off.)

But then you went with a vinyl carbon fiber sticker! So you get none of the benefits of carbon fiber, and only the rice look. That's the worst of both worlds!

But looks like a clean install! Props for that. I don't think I'd like anything but solid, but I'd prefer to see just shiny black.

-Towels

st185rc

carbon fiber look is retro 1990's. people these days want the look like our faux carbon fiber hood trim and light trim

UtahSleeper

Looks well installed, but too light for my taste (from the pics anyway).

Seems like it could work well for interior and little details.