3SGE intake manifold on a 3SGTE??

trd-at

nice well i will see what i can come up with. Yeah the plate is the solution for blocking, welding, or jb welding the fine idle adjustment. Toyota put it there for a reason so i would like to still retain that adjustability. If you want the plates made i can do that for sure. I made my own gaskets for the cold start inj., EGR port and between the manifold and the plate. You could buy toyota gaskets but i like to make my own stuff. saves some money. But as for the IAC port, that will need to be removed from your TB, you can do it just as you see in the pics or i can. let me know ok bud

WarTowels

I really haven't done the research into this, and without the parts in front of me I'm a bit lost. I'm sure I'll figure out what needs to be blocked off where.

You want to make a copy of your main plate for me, that would be a good start for me.

-Greg

TRDcelica90

trd-at. i would also like to buy those plates off you, ur workmanship looks the goods lol.. i have a JDM one though and wouldnt require any EGR block offs.

Keep me updated mate, PM or here..

would be fantasic if you could make them up. save me stuffing around with my currect intercooler piping..

thanks mate

trd-at

So there is not an EGR port under the inlet of the manifold? If not no worries. But as for the pricing for the plates here they are. My co-worker and I are making these by hand so it is a bit tedious (sp). There is a fair amount of time involved to make these just right. I just need to know which manifold and throttle body you are using:

Spacer between the 3sge manifold and the gen2 3sgte TB - 40.00, that is labor and material.
Block off plates for the CSI and EGR port - 10.00 each, That is labor and material.

All plates are made from aluminum and will be port matched for the 3sge, 3sgte manifolds, and gen2 3sgte throttle bodies.

I can post some more pics tonight to give everyone a better idea of what is included:

Thanks!

TRDcelica90

OK, ill take the 3sge mani to gen2 3sgte TB and CSI block off..

can we make that $55 delivered because its gonna end up costing more than the mani lol..

thanks mate

polarmoment

edit:

i see what you're talking about now. i'm trying to find anyone who had issues with it on the mr2 boards, since i know pred and randy noll both used this manifold.

i think if you use the 3sgte metal TB gasket it seals this hole adequately. no one has mentioned any leaks from it yet..

TRDcelica90

so your saying that the plate is useless?? and i should be able to use my 3sge mani and 3sgte throttle body no probs??

the 3sge throttle body is alot diff from the 3sgte one..

trd-at

So on page 4 where I have posted all the pictures. The very first pic is of the 3sge manifold. the second picture down is of the gen2 3sgte TB. The 2nd pic down is of the side that mates to the 3sge manifold. At the top right of that pic, the 2nd down, there is a port, appears as a hump. This port is for the fine idle adjustment. If you were to bolt the gte TB to the 3sge manifold, there would be a very very large vacuum leak through this port. this is why i had to make the plate. Using the plate allows you to retain the use of the fine idle adjustment. It may be hard to tell what i am saying without actually seeing them in person. If they bolted right up then i would not have made this plate.

trd-at

ok so here are my installed pics. There are pics of the plates that i made and I am hoping that these will clear up any foggy thoughts. feel free to ask more questions.

intakemanifold010.jpg

intakemanifold009.jpg

intakemanifold006.jpg

intakemanifold005.jpg

intakemanifold007.jpg

intakemanifold011-1.jpg

intakemanifold008.jpg

polarmoment

right. i see what you're talking about now. i still don't think the plate is necessary though. the 3sgte TB gasket covers it up just fine. you'd have to be running about 40psi of boost before it would generate enough force on the gasket to move it, and that's if the gasket were installed dry. i usually spray mine w/ copper gasket spray before i install mine.

if anyone is really worried about it, just use 2 3sgte gaskets with a layer of copper spray between them to laminate them.

trd-at

I see what you're saying, i just wanted to do it in a way that i could sleep at night knowing that i wouldnt have a possible leak. I know that this will be secure, but if you dont have the means or materials there are always other options to complete jobs. It's really up to you how you do it, this was my choice.

polarmoment

looks like a well made piece either way. i totally understand your reasoning for doing it your way.

should have mine on the road soon. at least i hope so. finished up the throttle cable bracket (using a cruise cable from a corolla since a 5sfe cable wasn't readily available), CSI blockoff plate and IAT adapter. i'm using an IAT sensor i got off a land rover in the yards. resistance scale is slightly off, but i can change that in the software. it's a 10x1.25 thread sensor with a bosch (and the oem CSI style) connector. i pulled the double fitting next to the CSI out and threaded it to 14x1.5, and used a banjo bolt from an old turbo to adapt the sensor to that so i could just thread it in.

i just need to paint the mani, rewrap the harness so that i can run the big wire bundle underneath it and finish the brackets to use the 3SGE fuel rail and redo the charge pipes.

soarer.jzz30

I can't find that manifold anywhere it seems, I call everyone I can find on google and put in parts request and they end up being like $140. No way I'm paying that much, might as well get one custom made and spend a little more. But it looks great man, I wish toyota would've thought of that in the first place. Looks factory, always a good thing. Keep up the good work. :notworthy:

trd-at

thanks. I try. I was lucky enough to find one in my state. Got it for 85 shipped, however, they were asking 100 plus shipping, i said 75 shipped and they said 85 shipped. So that was the deal. Try finding an import yard or just haggle with the price. The worst they will say is no and you might feel like a bit of a jack ass. but whatev.

TRDcelica90

got mine for $50 delivered and with EGR!! woot...

What is the sensor on the left side of the mani??

so in a nutshell to get this on my car i have to

1.Block off CSI
2.block off/adapt idle
3. ??
4.??
5??

polarmoment

soarer.jzz30":3ebl7mhe said:
I can't find that manifold anywhere it seems, I call everyone I can find on google and put in parts request and they end up being like $140. No way I'm paying that much, might as well get one custom made and spend a little more. But it looks great man, I wish toyota would've thought of that in the first place. Looks factory, always a good thing. Keep up the good work. :notworthy:

they show up in the u-pull about once every 6 months too. i started pulling the mani on one a while back, but had to quit for the day and went back the next week and it was gone! i was pissed- i mean who in MN would have wanted that specific manifold? i know all the MR2 guys and none of them were looking..

later, i went to help bccentaur with the honda ECU swap and found out it was him who yanked it. eventually another one showed up and he pulled it for me and i just traded a couple parts for it. i think the yard here charges like $12 or $16 for an intake manifold.

i'll try to get some pics once i'm done with it.

trd-at

that sensor is an IAT sensor. It is for my engine management. If you are running factory engine management then you will not have this or have to worry about it.

GT4times2

Here are pics of my 3SGE side feed intake manifold. The throttle body is from a 3rd gen 3S motor, IIRC. I have it in my garage. I was going that route, but going instead with a custom side feed with a bigger plenum for one of the Alltracs. Here are the pics for some to look at, uninstalled. I purchased it from my friend who had it on his MR2 Turbo. Worked well, for him until he went with a custom set up, bigger plenum set up as well. I have yet to use it.