governor?

187flatliner

so i cant find anything about how to remove the governor in my 87 gt.......? anyone noe?.....and yes ive looked in the search box....didnt work. can anyone help?

car bogs down and wont push past 112.

bridge47

It'll go faster in 4th. Maybe not by much as my 90 GTS also peaks at 112mph. At 8,000ft elevation though. There is no OE governor.

WarTowels

I don't understand your cause for concern.

You have a 1987 Celica GT. It's FWD, 22 years old, and had like 18 1/2 horsepower brand new? I don't think you appreciate the forces at play to go fast. =)

112 is perfectly normal, if not impressive.

My 93' Celica GT did also did about a buck twelve before it stopped, and its more aerodynamic than the 87, and has more horsepower I believe.

Anyway, get an alltrac. =)

-Towels

Mafix

it's around 125 on his celica. at any rate the speed limiter is the speedometer. no getting around that (or at least that i'm going to tell anyways). i've been around 146 in mine. not a good place to be.

Mafix

i deleted your post RP. please don't repost the how to on that. (and you were only half right anyways, lol)

Rpz123isme

I know there was one more thing but i couldnt remember what it was. that would get him past if but i beleave it would through an air bag light once past it.

jonahs_3sgte

i had my halftrac at 130 with bad axles and warped rotors...probably more scary than riding with a blind guy going 50mph lol

but i know how you can go above 112
pretty simply actually
get a fast ass truck and pull it lol j/p