*** C/S Bumpers to be discontinued ***

etantshi

Well just to confirm they are still available. I just ordered one as of 2pm est 10/22/07. He was about to tell me how many were left, but then we got off subject and started to chit chat.

BTW the prices have gone up considerably since I bought my first one 5 years ago.

The bumper cover list price is 290 dollars the bumper is 217 dollars. I think that's an increase of over 175 dollars. Even the parts guy was surprised that it went up THAT high. He said normally they go up with time but not that much. He said either they are just going up abnormally for no reason, or they have acutally started production on a few of them in small batches which would account for the higher prices on the new ones (because they were made in such a smaller quanity than the OG bumper covers). I told him that I thought that they didn't redo old parts, but he said he's seen it happen, and one of the signs is when the price goes way up.

In any event, after 430 dollars, I now again have the CS power.

++ Sean ++

I tried to buy seatbelts for my car the other day, and they only carry the drivers side one.

I dont understand how they can stop making safety products for their cars? That should be illegal!

athousandleaves

Hate to revive an old thread but apparently there are only three remaining in stock for north america so unless Toyota brings some more over or makes some more this really could be the end of the line for our supply.

Just ordered mine and it should be in on wednesday :D Only ordered the cover so far ... hopefully will get the rest of the CS stuff by the end of the summer but after seeing how badly Sal's RC crumpled after his low speed accident I'm probably not going to get the aluminum bumper bar - rather run something custom fabbed out of steel to get a bit of the weight savings while protecting the car. :shrug:

GT4RC

No seriously, whoever makes a mold is going to have return on it over the years. someone should do it.

athousandleaves

I'll look into having one made up seeing as it'll be a while before I put mine on my car.

Also having a Canadian source for new RC bumpers would help to keep things nice and cheap.

Puffy

Australia requests registration papers to prove you are a CS owner before they will order a hood or bumper.
I was recently told that the CS parts that are stocked will be reserved for owners only.
Lucky I am an official owner but it would suck if they kill the parts line.

Can anyone else investigate the situation.... world wide?

athousandleaves

Puffy":1gtrk8n7 said:
Australia requests registration papers to prove you are a CS owner before they will order a hood or bumper.
I was recently told that the CS parts that are stocked will be reserved for owners only.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wow that's pretty tough of Toyota but I suppose it does make sense seeing as the car is one of their most historically noted and they don't want every ricer with a GT and a turbo kit to eat up the parts supply.

db

athousandleaves":b31uv1ri said:
Wow that's pretty tough of Toyota but I suppose it does make sense seeing as the car is one of their most historically noted and they don't want every ricer with a GT and a turbo kit to eat up the parts supply.

Actually, it doesn't make sense. Toyota is in a business to make money and really doesn't care about a 20 year old car. They would sell CS bumpers to Honda owners if they could make a sizable profit.

If there is a healthy demand for the bumpers, they should continue to make the supply available.

DudeMan

For the top reinforcement bar and bumper skin shipped to my door it was just under $400.

That doesn't include the grills or aluminum crash bar.

Sal

The RC bumper is definitely an epic look for the trac. But I think the idea of going to a virtually weightless crashbar can cause alot of trouble.
15kmh crash did this to my RC aluminum crash bar... The other car basically had no damage!

P8140041.jpg

P8140042.jpg

toayoztan

Wow, when did that happen?

That is unfortunate, but imagine what would happen without a crash bar/bumper? I know you compared it to the US OEM bumper, but man...i honestly hate the look of it...

Bryan

athousandleaves

Just to put this thread back on topic...

Picked up my RC/CS bumper today and my friend at Toyota told me it was the LAST ONE in Canada and that there are only TWO bumpers left in the Toyota stock house in California.

Additional interesting stuff about the RC bumper... It is one of the only bumpers to actually ship in its own box and is one of the most expensive bumpers made by Toyota - this includes the new Lexus/Toyota replacement ones.

All that being said; if you want an OE RC/CS bumper better get on the phone N-O-W! Only two more and then you'll be stuck buying one of those laminate/fiberglass copies from Poland. :shrug:

zero06

I just ordered one from wilde toyota in west allis. they say theres still 4 on the west coast. I bought one of them, Im assuming toyota shuffles these around and keeps a small amount in the us at all times. :shrug: whether they still make them?... doubtful, but possible. If I knew how to mold these I would start, and offer them for alot less than 340$ :bangshead: I might try to get my hands on a spare and see what i can do/experiment.

Gary ST165

i don't get why anyone would want a brittle fibreglass copy be it from Poland or elsewhere :shrug: .

if you wanted to import a genuine Toyota RC or Carlos Sainz bumper (with headlight washer jet cut outs) from the UK, Belgium or Japan then try www.cheaptoyotaparts.co.uk

hth

mr2_dori

will the rc bumper still fir or mount to the car without the crash bar or reinforcement bar? if not were can i get the stuff for the rc bumper to look right. i have the bumper but not the reinforcement stuff and the crash bar.

toayoztan

The main reinforcement bar (aka you actual bumper) is not necessary to put on the bumper skin (the CS bumper fascia).

However...not recommended as you will end up with a lot more damage than what happened above....

Bryan