ST205 brakes

LechacZ

Hey ST205 co-owners...yes i just got mine:)
just a quick one about the brakes, can we order them locally?
What other car uses the fronts/backs?
I read something about Supra (don't know what year or model) sharing fronts or the backs (can't remember, I'm old....)
Please help as i need the fronts badly
Thanks

Sal

You might be able to if you have some part numbers... But I highly doubt it.
Sean from Zen AutoWorks might be able to order you a set from Japan and ship out to you if you're willing to wait a week or two?

The Supra Single and Twin Turbo I believe both used the exact same brake set up as the 205... I wonder if the brake pads would work for the 205?

athousandleaves

Gary ST165":20fm0p20 said:
try http://www.cheaptoyotaparts.co.uk. will ship worldwide and get discounted parts supplied direct form Toyota Parts warehouse Europe HQ in Belgium

No harsh Gary but do you work for these guys or is their service really that good?
I keep seeing you namedrop them here on the website and am just curious.
Also wont shipping from the UK to North America just make it equal to Toyota Parts Outlet or First Toyota Parts?

Also Les, you might want to give nengun a shot... they ship right out of japan.

Gary ST165

i've used CTP in the past > good experience. however i get the same if not better discount at my local Toyota garage, so have no real need to look elsewhere.

However CTP, they are one of the few UK retailers that will ship JDM (ST205) parts worldwide.

I'm not suggesting that they be used over any of the USA / Canadian / Japanese Toyota part suppliers... but i am under the impression that JDM only ST205 parts are generally unavailable via North American distributers :shrug:

i don't see '94 -'99 ST205 part number listed on Toyota Parts Outlet or First Toyota Parts...

Hence > Just another avenue worth exploring, especially when the Japanese YEN is strong and the UK Pound is weak.

athousandleaves

Gary ST165":sqeulvr2 said:
However CTP, they are one of the few UK retailers that will ship JDM (ST205) parts worldwide.

Good to know they're reliable for the JDM parts shipped here :)

205 parts were showing up on both the local parts websites I had mentioned until a few months ago when they changed their databases from the global Toyota master list to the North American master list.

I was recommending that he try the local retailers first for the Supra pads as it'd probably wind up being a bit cheaper for essentially the same part.

Also forgot to say that nengun would be a good option if you're looking for aftermarket JDM pads...which would be even more pricey.

Anyway if you find a good source Les be sure to post it up as I'm sure those of us with 205 brakes (thanks sal! :D) will also need to source them at some point.

LechacZ

Thanks for the great info, i'll try to follow up on these leads in the next couple of weeks and let u know where i end up buying.
Thanks again!

not certain about the fronts, but the rear 2pots use the same pads as the twin turbo supra. I just ordered some Porterfield R4S pads for my rear ST205 conversion for my RC. i believe the rear pattern is 1005 so you can have a decent assortment of brands for the rear application. As other members say, I guess the fronts are also Supra size :D You should be able to find a bunch of options for front pads too. Good luck.

Sal

Are you sure Luke?

I just called Toyota and the prices they gave me for the brakes were:
Fronts-$98
+shim kit-$70

Rears-$98
+Shim kit-$45

like some of the guys mentioned here, the pads may be the same, but the actual calipers are slightly different for both front and rear.

klue

The pads are shared in multiple vehicles,
The caliper itself, along with he rotor and some other dimensions are completely different on the supra

for example 323mm supra rotor vs st205 316mm rotor
Yes sal Im sure i have spent over a year researching the brake stuff :)

athousandleaves

klue":2cowzu58 said:
The pads are shared in multiple vehicles,
The caliper itself, along with he rotor and some other dimensions are completely different on the supra

for example 323mm supra rotor vs st205 316mm rotor
Yes sal Im sure i have spent over a year researching the brake stuff :)

I think Sal is just confusing the rotor/pad/caliper definition.

The only thing 205 brakes have in common with Supra brakes are the pads. amiright?! :twisted:

Sal

I'm just wondering if the pads will fit my 205 lol

I want pads and I'm thinking I just buy the pads from Toyota rather then spend money overseas.