Look what the ebay fairy brought me

lumbercis

ST215 engine with MANUAL transmission. This is going to be fun.

and a couple belated pics of the victim...

Pretty much just like it rolled off the assembly line in '92

still going at 213,000 miles, but your days are numbered.

Last chance for someone to be my best friend and find me some garage space to do the swap. Otherwise it's going to a shop for the heart/wallet transplant.

J. :smokes:

Mafix

i don't have a personal garage to help with that isn't already full. i do have a normal shop that would require your wallet.

lumbercis

Well, my estimate from the other shop was $2500 for the install, wiring, and any minor custom fab that may be required (downpipe, hood), as well as some odds and ends like installing some poly motormounts. I emphasized to the previous shop that I wanted a "clean" install with all the accessories functional (AC, CC, etc).

If you are confident in your ability to pull off the swap to a high standard, PM me an estimate!!!

J. :smokes:

lumbercis

Well, good to know he isn't overcharging me, although we'll see what the final total ends up being.

Engine is on it's way to the shop as we speak. Should be dropping the car off next weekend. Let's all pray for no unexpected surprises. :notworthy:

After the swap is done and my bank account recovers it's hitting body and paint. You guys keep your eyes out for deals for me. I plan on tracking this car, so the paint just needs to be OEM quality, not show-quality. If you know anyone that does side jobs hook me up!

I'm not going to be able to afford gas by the time this is all over. :rofl:

J.

WarTowels

Very interested to see how you like it when it's done.

Defiantly let us know how much it all cost said and done if you don't mind. Neat route for those who want reliable power.

-Towels