soon to try out diypnp

datajon

can't say i have any input to offer for the diy pnp, is it not a smartly box mega-squirt with a fancy plug, only down side, they don't seem keen using water tight enclosures like most other aftermarket ecu .

did run megasquirt on a gtfour st185 ver 1 with msextra code 0249 back in 2006 all da way to ms2 running later msextra code on gt4 st205 .

the early system had a few teething problems with dual VR setup but did make use running oem hardware. ran good, made strong power, great drive-ability for a cheap diy ecu. easy to map exceallant functions very easy to customize to fit any setup. deffo value for bang.

ms3 pro is out shortly, which offers many new features like onboard logging etc.

datajon

worth a visit here : http://www.ms3efi.com/~msextra/feature-xref.html

taster

ms3
ms3_sm.gif

Sequencer
ms2seq_sm.gif

not so keen on the double ended connectors concept :shrug:

they have even increased fuel and spark tables to 16 x 16 :) so with dual tables you can get close to motec table size. not bad for the money.

built2run

its based on microsquirt with a bunch of add ons and a msII looking board it comes with the stuff i am looking for so ya i hope they can eventually make some of the stuff for ms3 adaptable to the diypnp, and ya the fancy oem connector was the highlight for me as i have a st165

built2run

ok not like anyone cares but i got it and its mostly assembled i still have to make sure how i am doing the flatshift and launch control on it. it can do 2 maps so thats all i need all i need now is all my fuel stuff and off to 400 hp i go my goal is to have it hit peak power kinda high and my rev limit at about 7750. holy crap i can't wait!

tw2

Sounds, good keep us updated, do you know what software is available for tuning? tunerstudio is great for MS1 and 2, not sure if it supports 3 yet.

built2run

not sure exactly, maybe just megatune for now. i can't do anything with the ms3 stuff but i am sure tunerstudio will work with ms3

88st165

Awsome. I have been researching MS here and there. I want to run it on my 165 also but no funds at the moment. Keep us updated with your progress 8)

tw2

I think tuner studio is a lot better than it used to be. It used to be free (and work fine) but now it is $40 which isn't much but hopefully that now accounts for something. The auto tune feature definitely makes it very easy to tune low/medium load and get off boost mapping sorted out. Obviously high boost should be done on a dyno.