ASI Radiators: Pics P.16; Info P.17 & 18

Jason88AllTrac

Purchase>>> I bought one of these radiators on ebay a week ago for around $200 shipped. Received it exactly 7 days later. FAST! This one went in my white 165 which someone had put a GTS radiator in.

Appearance>>> It does have the ASI lettering painted on both sides of the core, and stamped in the top endtank. The welds appear to be well done, and there were no visible flaws anywhere to be seen.

Fitment & performance>>> It fits perfectly, with perhaps the only exception being needing to use some sealer on the temperature sensor which goes into the bottom endtank. It also seemed to take slightly more coolant to fill than a stock radiator. The engine stays perfectly cool during hard driving and sitting in traffic, but I have yet to see what the temperature climbs to on hotter days. It might not cool quite as well as the OEM radiator, but considering the low cost I am very satisfied with this product.

fcd07a12.jpg

aubeone

That IS interesting, especially since I ordered mine through a girl in Calgary who was also at a warehouse and got the ASI 56mm rad...now that I think of it, I got the 185 rad to match the engine instead of the 165 to match the car...nevermind lol

ChrisD

That would be his wife I think? My brother gave me the business card, had a woman's name on it. What was most funny is that he used to deliver Chinese food, and had delivered to this person's house several times! :lol: Didn't list a warehouse address on the card, it's the person's house.

lol

ianpen

i bought the ASI radiator 56mm for my st185, it came with a 1.1 cap.i installed it and modified the top radiator holder and thats it. i really noticed the different on temp. it cools really good, im just hoping for very hot weather to try it out. im flooking forward on purchasing a low temp thermostat and brand new radiator hoses. i recomend this radiator to everyone :). ill post some pics soon.

Redrkt01

Does anyone know what the difference is between the standard and 'racing' versions of the radiator? I know the core is large for those that opt to 'race', but I'd like to know what the exact dimensions are. Help anyone?

Rick89GTS

I have the exact dimensions and specs but I'm not at home right now. If you just need the core thickness, I can tell you that it is double-core 42mm vs 32mm stock.

banshee 101

Has anyone had problems clearing the dp with the 56mm asi rad on their
St185, let me know what you guys have done, iim missing like a half inch to clear my aftermarket dp, I do have a ss autochrome dp, not sure it that's gonna help
Anyone have any ideas
Thanks
Nick

Einst3in

I just got mine a few weeks ago. It looks really nice, and im just waiting on my Samco rad pipes before i do the install. Any word on if a aftermarket fan out blows the stocker or no?