Project CMS

Nitro_Alltrac

I know that it doesn't help much, but at least the car is now back in your possesion. That's one thing that you don't have to worry about. I would pursue him over the missing items. Hang in there Josh. It will come together.

CMS-GT4

Thanks. Once I am done with finals, I will start digging through the mess and decide on where to start. I guess if I was ever to consider any body work, now is the time to still do it.

TEAMFaint

Wow Josh, I`m sorry to hear about such the cluster you have gone through with this car.
It will all come together now. Sorry you had to deal with such a crook who promised you nothing
but lies.
Still my absolute favorite car on this forum, it will look great once its done my friend.

CMS-GT4

Well thanks for the kind words. It will get there someday. Been some journey over the past 10 years.

darthripley

glad to see you got the car back, sad to see it not even close to half finished :(

good luck in getting the paint & other items.
also best of luck finding someone good & reputible (sp?) to finish it for you.

CMS-GT4

My latest communications. I am not entirely sure how to handle this. He got $650 of my money, and you saw what my car looks like after over a years of work from him. Maybe I should just count my losses, and just not get the paint even though it does not seem right. I guess I will just get advice from the detective I spoke with before.

cms-gt4 said:
I wish you were there because I went through the car and I can not find my fiberglass parts I left, my Toyota manual and the paint I paid for. How do I get the rest of my items.

96tangcobra said:
I think the manual is still in my woody and I remember the splitters are on the counter. The paint I will be keeping as you did not pay for any labor. So that will be a wash. I will gather the manual and splitters and get them to you.

Landon

man i'm sorry. my family is dealing with a guy who doesn't understand value in anything and peoples efforts. i say you do what you can to get the paint back. this guys failed you in every way so you have no responsibility to pay him for his labor. he barely did anything to benefit you, if at all. anyway, my opinion, but best of luck josh.

CMS-GT4

Just got off the phone with Sartin from the police department. He said the paint would be a civil matter and I would have to take him to court. Right now I just want my parts back, so I can move on. I told him to drop them off with Sartin and then he will call me when I can come get them.

CMS-GT4

I finished finals today. Been up over 34 hours, and start a new class tomorrow. So this weekend I will start working on a list of things that need to be done to the car. I guess I will be making the lip myself, however I wonder if I want to go ahead and try and design some body work while I am at this stage. I'll think about it over the next week.

GT4times2

redGT4":jxc1ocff said:
Its good you got her back. Now its time to turn the negative into a positive.

That's the attitude. I know, it's easier said than done in situations like these. I hope you still have the enthusiasm you had (especially during riddle time on the paint color selection :p ).

Hang in there buddy. Before you know it, it'll get to where you want it. Take things in small steps, when you get overwhelmed. Patience is a virtue, and something we Alltrac owners can all relate to. Hang in there man. You'll get there.

If the paint is worth your time, go for it. But at this point, the downtime to go to court, file the claim, spend money to do so, explain to the judge, etc may not be worth it for you. If it cost you $600 to let the world know what a scum this guy is, it may be money well spent. You may have saved countless people from being conned by this loser. Hope to see you up and running soon.

I should be moving to Atlanta in the next year or so.

So, Tail of the Dragon, Talladega, Road Atlanta, and a few meets should be consolation for us all. Drinks are on me. You deserve it.

turbo4wd

GT4times2":3rqvzicc said:
redGT4":3rqvzicc said:
Its good you got her back. Now its time to turn the negative into a positive.

That's the attitude. I know, it's easier said than done in situations like these. I hope you still have the enthusiasm you had (especially during riddle time on the paint color selection :p ).

Hang in there buddy. Before you know it, it'll get to where you want it. Take things in small steps, when you get overwhelmed. Patience is a virtue, and something we Alltrac owners can all relate to. Hang in there man. You'll get there.

If the paint is worth your time, go for it. But at this point, the downtime to go to court, file the claim, spend money to do so, explain to the judge, etc may not be worth it for you. If it cost you $600 to let the world know what a scum this guy is, it may be money well spent. You may have saved countless people from being conned by this loser. Hope to see you up and running soon.

I'm should be moving to Atlanta in the next year or so.

So, Tail of the Dragon, Talladega, Road Atlanta, and a few meets should be consolation for us all. Drinks are on me. You deserve it.

+1 to what Frantz said..

Just gotta get back on the horse, and eventually for guys like us who have owned their Alltracs longer than probably anything else we own - it'll get there.. We're in it for the long haul.. haha

Unless the paint was super pricey, I wouldn't bother with it. Get your manual, the splitters, and cut your losses.. The best you can do is to warn others that may consider taking their business to him..

and what? Frantz is moving to Atlanta? haha

CMS-GT4

We'll have an alltrac Trifecta once he gets here. We will definitely have to get together once I get the car back on the road.

I know I didn't use that word right, it just sounded good. ;)

CMS-GT4

In other news, our game is now app of the week and one of the top five apps now. Go team Villain!

darthripley

congrats on the game - now that's great news!

just like the other guys said the paint isn't a biggie in the grand scheme of things.
you can buy more paint later on for someone else to do the job.

the crook will get what's coming to him, sooner or later.

CMS-GT4

Yeah, I am just going to try and get my stuff back and move on.

Now here is the real question... will I still end up getting the same color I had bought? I could always change my mind again. :D

Landon

oh no, don't do that josh. i know how it goes, but that'll add another 10pgs to your project thread. another riddle.... lol

CMS-GT4

If I did change color, I would do no riddle, just surprise. I need to start working on shirts for the guy who won the last riddle as soon as I get a chance.

GT4times2

CMS-GT4":1kkvfwll said:
In other news, our game is now app of the week and one of the top five apps now. Go team Villain!
Congratulations!!

Yeah, I am just going to try and get my stuff back and move on.
Now here is the real question... will I still end up getting the same color I had bought? I could always change my mind again. :D
Nooooooooooo...No more riddles. I'd go with the Porsche silver. It's a nice color to begin with.

If I did change color, I would do no riddle, just surprise. I need to start working on shirts for the guy who won the last riddle as soon as I get a chance.
Am I still getting my pink t-shirt? Make it extra tight, so the ladies can see the round belly.. :rofl: (j/k)