Project CMS

GT4times2

CMS-GT4":2sbc72qo said:
Your pinks shirt all counts on me getting your 5x114 recipe and pats front lip recipe. ;)

Fair enough. Pat's getting a pink t-shirt too? Cool!! Make sure it's a hot pink for Pat. :lol:

CMS-GT4

Alright, the wife and I talked about paint budget after we went through all the parts taking inventory. I am still missing other things, so I am going to send him another email. He better get to returning them or he is going to find his ass in more trouble than he wants. I am going to start doing a lot of PSing soon so I can plan out what I want to do with the car exactly. I will also start making a parts list for everything I need.

CMS-GT4

I am thinking of changing my rear battery situation. I bought a nice optima battery mount but I might want more room so I am thinking of a series of smaller batteries that I might stow where the spare tire was supposed to go. Any experience with something like that which would function for a street car?

darthripley

you could fit an Odyssey PC680 battery where the spare tire goes.
not sure how much audio/video you have in the car but 1 should power it just fine.

CMS-GT4

I just have a head unit and a disc changer, nothing major. Going to upgrade the door speakers since they are blown but not looking for kickers, I prefer clear sound to thump.

I am thinking maybe installing the battery where my jack used to go, and making a panel that goes over the wheel well for storage.

CMS-GT4

Still kicking around the idea of my lip. I think I can do my lip and be original, or I can try something likes pat's lip or some other PS work I did. I think I am going to try my lip first. I was thinking of trying side skirts but I am unsure. I also kicked around removing the molding too, but I will just have to post lots of pics and ideas and go from there

So I posted a lot of pics from the body kit thread. I may just do the lip, I may consider skirts and making some sort of rear. I am unsure at the moment, but I am exploring the idea before I get it painted.

mooklip1.jpg

mooklip2.jpg

mooklip3.jpg

mooklip4.jpg

mooklip5.jpg

rearcelicast1841.jpg

rearcelicast1842.jpg

roundlip.jpg

skirts2051.jpg

skirts2052.jpg

skirts2053.jpg

skirts2054.jpg

skirts2055.jpg

skirtsfd.jpg

skirtssavage1.jpg

skirtssavage2.jpg

skirtssavage3.jpg

skirtssavage5.jpg

skirtsspats.jpg

skirtsvert1.jpg

skirtsvertvs350.jpg

CMS-GT4

darthripley":z83v2c1d said:
you could fit an Odyssey PC680 battery where the spare tire goes.
not sure how much audio/video you have in the car but 1 should power it just fine.

That looks like a good option. I could almost fit that in the jack spot in case I need to carry a spare.
I wonder if the 925 model would hold up better?

EDIT:
Been reading up on the battery, and found a few forums that seem to recommend it pretty well. I think my car will work for either.
http://www.forum.1gn.org/viewtopic.php? ... 167fc03fbe

Celicatuner92

Congrats on the grades. Can't wait to see this car come along since it is on of the ones that inspires me to keep going with both of my all-tracs.

Jon

CMS-GT4

Thanks. Got to keep pressing on.

So anyone know if the gas tank cover serves and purpose other than looks? I am thinking this is the first place I might attempt fiber glass by making a diffuser/ cover.

I am also thinking of selling the sard. I think I really want a dual tip exhaust. So once I start digging into things i might be listing the sard for sale.

darthripley

the only purpose i can think of for the gas tank cover is to protect the tank itself from rocks/crap flying up off the road. :shrug:

it's not really a heat shield since it's not terribly close to the exhaust that i can remember :shrug:

Landon

why twin tips! :( oh and i could possibly be interested in the exhaust just so you know. and if you make a diffuser, i'll pay you some really good money for an extra. i think thats one of the biggest downfall in looks on our cars.

CMS-GT4

darthripley":3q9wayy8 said:
the only purpose i can think of for the gas tank cover is to protect the tank itself from rocks/crap flying up off the road. :shrug:

it's not really a heat shield since it's not terribly close to the exhaust that i can remember :shrug:

Its not much of one considering most of the bottom is open. I think its just there for looks since its a premium model.
I am going to try and make something simple, though I may try and make a mold from the oem cover and see if I can come up with something of my own. I at least want my cover to be level with the bump. The slant always irritated me.

Landon":3q9wayy8 said:
why twin tips! :( oh and i could possibly be interested in the exhaust just so you know. and if you make a diffuser, i'll pay you some really good money for an extra. i think thats one of the biggest downfall in looks on our cars.

I just have always been a fan of the twin tip design on our cars. Plus I want something a little quieter. The sard has some volume to it.

Tazka

Nice plans cms, your car will be truly awesome. I'd go for single tip though.
You got any more pics/info about this car? Those look like some old work wheels.(?)
skirts2053.jpg

CMS-GT4

That car's owner posts here. I forget but I think he is from Jamaca or something, I am like wrong though. Its a fwd notchback that he drag races. He has no lip, I photoshopped it. I think he has a project thread.

GT4times2

CMS-GT4":2tds78k8 said:
That car's owner posts here. I forget but I think he is from Jamaca or something, I am like wrong though. Its a fwd notchback that he drag races. He has no lip, I photoshopped it. I think he has a project thread.

I think he's from Connecticut. Not Jamaica. :p