moving to mass.

LegacyofDan

Well how does Aug. 7th or 8th sound to people?

as for locations, i dont know the area, i know it will be a drive for me but i am feeling adventurous.
but if we could keep it in the boston area, or atleast like south/west of boston that would be awesome for me.

alltracst185

Aug 8th is best for me seeing as it's a Friday. How about we meet up at Hampton/Salisbury Beach or Fire & Ice in Boston :shrug: Just throwing some ideas out.

WarTowels

Hampton beach boardwalk would be cool. I've seen other car meets there before.

oldorchandbeach.jpg

-Towels

WarTowels

Maybe your awd can. :p

But I don't believe so. =/

There are some cool roads around, and places we could take photos. I'll do a reconnaissance mission.

-Towels

RafaCalde

most likely not. i put in my transfer request this morning so now i'm just waiting to hear what my HR director tells me. there's no guaruntee that i'll get it even though i've been with the company for 3 and a half years. so we'll see. it'll definitely be within the next 2 months.

RafaCalde

alright guys. transfer requests are in and a few more applications are in as well. i'm just playing the waiting game now. meanwhile, i'm getting the car ready for it's imminent safety inspection. poly bushings going in up front, the rear are fine for now. i need to get the horn working. any other items looked over the safety inspection? let me know everything you guys can. i'm trying to get everything done before i actually get up there.

alltracst185

All the lights (lights have to be the color bulbs that they were stock, JDM won't pass with white lights, get amber bulbs), E-barke, horn, rust holes, tires, any lights on the dash, ball joints, tie rods, wheels bearings and some places won't pass with aftermarket exhaust on a visual point but some will. GL bro

RafaCalde

thanks

thats long list but most of that stuff is in pretty good condition. I think i'm going to remove my airbag light bulb for the time being until i have the time to take it in to get it checked out. will they say anything about a tie rod boot being split in half? all my lights are stock so no worries there. the horn needs to get fixed and i need new tires. my check engine light is on due to the JDM ECU and WTA IC not being on. will they anything about that?

my plans are to get all my suspensions components taken care of, horn, tires, alignment, and lights, in that order. other than that, i think my car is pretty sound. only the inpsection itself will tell so i'll have to wait til then.

alltracst185

The check engine light is only a visual, so just take that out also :p but if you want you can use my stock ECU from my 90 trac. They prob won't even see your tie rod end boot being ripped, depends on the inspection station really, most are too lazy to care about stuff like that.

alltracman78

MIL is easy to get rid of on a homologation ecu.

All you do is add a pin to the body to ECU connector and ground it.
Can't remember which pin off the top of my head though.

RafaCalde

yeah i'll just take the CEL out for the time being. i guess everything will be straight forward. let me ask you guys this, does the horn have to be on the steering wheel, i was thinking of rigging a button to the lower dash panel behind the wheel. bad idea?

alltracst185

RafaCalde":po0lv0m9 said:
yeah i'll just take the CEL out for the time being. i guess everything will be straight forward. let me ask you guys this, does the horn have to be on the steering wheel, i was thinking of rigging a button to the lower dash panel behind the wheel. bad idea?
Not sure about that :shrug: But if i had to guess, it prob would have to be as it came stock.

GMan

Now that summer is nearly Over, what have you been up to ?
What are your plans for the fall winter ? :)

Regards;

RafaCalde

Hey guys, slight thread revival here. Since I never got around to announcing it, I finally did move up here. I'm in Boston now. Brian(GMan) and myself have hungout a few times, but really want a chance everyone else.