Turn signals... JDM vs USDM ????

Flying Bajan

Questions for you folks who know about the USDM cars.

The reason for these questions is that I want to convert my narrow bodied JDM ST185 to wide body USDM front fenders to clear my wheels / tyres. The only reason for looking at using USDM fenders is that I cannot for the life of me find a pair of used or new JDM ones that the owner is willing to deal with shipping to 33176 area code. If I could get JDM, I would use them and eliminate this issue.

What will I need to do in order to have the turn signals on my JDM car work correctly and not "fast flash" if I remove the turn signal lamp located in the side of the front fender from the wiring harness ?

Do the USDM cars have turn signals in both the bumper and the front of the fender in the "corner light" near the headlamp ?

Really want my turn signals to work correctly and not have to leave the original JDM fender turn signals hidden behind the USDM fenders.

Appreciate all input,
Martin.

deecee

not sure what you are wanting here.
Normally the turn signals blink faster when there is less resistance in the circuit, ie when one turn signal bulb is broken
So if you remove some signals, the signal will just blink faster no matter what unless you add resistance in the circuit. Its not dependant on the flasher relay.

Is there a difference between USDM and JDM wide fenders? I thought they were the same. Are the side indicators different as well?

WarTowels

USDM wide body fenders, or any USDM fenders for that matter- do not have the side light by the door.

Does that side light blink when you put your blinker on? I thought it was just a running light.

-Towels

Dups90gt

I just installed side marker lights to a USDM fender, had to cut holes with a dremel but it was quick and easy, my question is do the lights stay on and flash or do they just flash when signaling but are off when not signaling? its a 2 wire bulb so unless you do a floating ground it will only do one or the other.

nate84

a few years back i snagged a set of decommissioned rally narrow fenders and they came with the lamps and i knew i didnt want them to be turn signal lamps so i just wired them into the clearance lamps. works great for me.

darthripley

the sidemarkers on the fenders are repeaters - they blink with with your turn signal.
wiring them up to be parking lights is not how they are meant to work.

darthripley

yes, you should be able to splice right in to the bumper turn signal wires so the repeaters can work properly.
we did this on R2 & they work perfect.