Paints done! Maiden voyage with friends (pics added)

CSAlltrac

Supras invade las vegas is coming up and I decided to show my car. Before I could she needed some work. This is where Im at as of today, she will be going into the booth next saturday. I Have my parts car door all jambed and hung. Did a custom color as well that I will be sure to post when done, check out my goofy mug in the last pic :D
Paintprogress021.jpg

Paintprogress022.jpg

Paintprogress023.jpg

Paintprogress030.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

mike325ci

sweeeet - love the progress photos.

btw, who ended up buying that centerforce ST185? it was on sale here some time ago, right...?

lumbercis

So you did the disassembly and prep yourself and paid someone to spray it? How much of a discount does that net you? Was it difficult to find a place that would let you do your own prep?

Nice results.

J.

Terracar

Certainly looks much better. I am not a fan of the metalflake, but doesn't matter what I like/don't like. Car looks fantastic and oddly enough look damned sexy with the rims and a myriad of different colors - the rally/battle heritage shows through.

Also noticed - you and your buddy's car are missing the front trim piece on the front fender. Is there any particular reason or?

-Terracar

CSAlltrac

lumbercis":1jdhmj95 said:
So you did the disassembly and prep yourself and paid someone to spray it? How much of a discount does that net you? Was it difficult to find a place that would let you do your own prep?

Nice results.

J.
Yeah I did all the prep. work myself, had it ready to roll in, spray and roll out. I used to work at the body shop I did it at and the guy that sprayed it is a good buddy of mine. It was very cost effective.
^^ What trim piece?

darthripley

the trim piece terracar is talking about is the little piece of the door molding that goes on the front fender & continues onto the door down to the rear quarter panel.
one other nitpick on your car is the RC bumper needs to be snapped in on the drivers side where it fits into the fender - you can see how it sticks out & isn't flush like the centerforce or the other trac with the c/f hood.

looks like a nice paint job. not a fan of the flake either, but if you dig it that's all that counts.

cmonteiro1

Had a blast on this run.. My car is the one with the black hood. My favorite part was smoking out every small town as we drove through it bc my turbo oil seals are leaking... but I'm biased... Very spy hunter-esq.

John's car looks money... Pictures don't do the metal flake justice.... In the sunlight it looks ridiculous.

toayoztan

Hey looks good. It does seem very cost effective for you haha.

I took my car completely apart also, and noticed you didn't remove the rear rocker panel cover. Any reason for that?

Good color! I don't mind flakes at all, and I feel can be sexy with the right amount, color, etc.

I plan on a metallic color myself, but not red. I'll be posting pics of mine soon in my build.

Bryan

CSAlltrac

Thanks for all the comments guys, everyone has their own taste. I didnt remove my rear rockers due to me installing them a few weeks prior to paint, figured they wont go anywhere, plus if they do come off the paint behind them was in excellent condition so :shrug: