Celica Coilovers

MXP_57

Hey guys, i'm not sure if i'm allowed too, but i thought it might be a useful information for some people.

This is my ebay store: http://stores.ebay.com.au/gt4-celica?_rdc=1

I have good quality / cheap coilovers.
They are made in Taiwan, not China. (big difference in quality)

The factory manufactures coilovers parts for Cusco and Selex suspensions in Canada as well.

All our coilovers are made to order. You can choose any setup:
camber tops for the rear (60aud a pair)
dual springs setup (10aud a set) ,
steel or aluminum mounts, and choose your own spring rate. free of charge.

I can provide any spare parts at a fair price.

I can provide pre assembled shocks inserts for 120aud+shipping per corner. When the time of rebuilding comes, you don't even need to send the old one back, you don't need to wait for them to come back. Just get the new ones in and enjoy. And it's cheaper than a Tein rebuilt.

We have coilovers for st165 st185. st162, st184, and for any application you may want. We can also make custom kits if you have all the dimensions free of charge.

Price is 1050aud shipped anywhere in the world.

Contact me via PM if anyone wants to discuss.

Cheers,
Cedric

MWP

Alloy lower mount???
I wouldnt touch those with a 10ft pole! :shoots:

Ive seen many steel struts bend from a decent hit.
Alloy would just crack and cleanly break off = very bad!

Top mount plate also looks quite thin.
What diameter is the shock shaft?

BC's are only $200 more, and are well proven.
Why would anyone gamble with these.

MXP_57

top plate is 6mm thick, same as aftermarket cusco plates.
shaft is 22mm

I always advise people that are racing to take the steel bottom mounts. There are no price difference between the two.

prices are in AUD. the standard kit is 970usd shipped.

and for 1120, you get rear camber plates, dual springs (like the tein SS) and your choice of spring rates.

EDIT: some people like aluminum mounts, and a few brands use them such as D2.

Maybe BC is 200$ more, but they don't offer a service as close to the customer as i do. And 200$ is not nothing.
I'm not trying to convince anybody, the coilovers are selling really good, and every customer is satisfied. I'm posting this especially for the people with st165 and st162. Since there isn't a lot of choice available. And for other people with custom applications.

MWP

Ok, interesting....

Offering dual springs is strange. I gather its a helper/tender spring.
Since the struts have both adjustable pre-load and height adjustment, why do you offer a dual spring option at all?

Do you have any shock dyno graphs showing range of adjustment (both compression and rebound)?

MXP_57

A ) Front :
1- Compression :
speed : 0.1m/s damping force : 80kgf
speed : 0.6m/s damping force : 180kgf
2- Tension :
speed : 0.1m/s damping force : 170kgf
speed : 0.6m/s damping force : 320kgf
B ) Rear :
1- Compression :
speed : 0.1m/s damping force : 60kgf
speed : 0.6m/s damping force : 160kgf
2- Tension :
speed : 0.1m/s damping force : 140kgf
speed : 0.6m/s damping force : 260kgf

The dual springs as nothing to do with the fact that the coilovers are height adjustable etc...

You have one small/soft spring on top of a longer/stiffer one. There is an adjustable transfer point between the two. When you drive in the city, only the small/soft spring compresses and gives a soft feel, and absorbs all the small vibrations etc...

Then if you corner hard, or brake hard, past a certain (adjustable) point of compression of the small spring, the stiffer spring takes over. It gives you the best of both worlds.

This is only good for people looking for a good quality ride + the advantage of stiffer springs. If you are after pure performance, go with single springs.
:wink:

MWP

Ok, thanks for the answer on the dual springs.

The dampers are adjustable rate right?
Range of adjustment is important when using different spring rates which is why i asked about the dyno graphs.
Your table above doesnt really help answer this :(

MWP

Ok, but that doesnt mean the damper/shock will control that range of springs properly.

In other brands, you need to pay >$500 per damper to have enough adjustability to do that.
Ive bought Koni racing dampers in the past at ~$700ea to handle a range of springs smaller than youve mentioned.

MXP_57

i don't have the infos here, i will call the factory tomorrow and ask. But i guess if the range of springs suits the range of adjustment. Or they might valve them differently depending on the model.
You can look on the selexsuspension website see if there are some more infos.

MXP_57

I haven't install my kit yet.

All my customers were satisfied with the setup we sold them, (you can look at the feedback on my ebay) from street use to drift and track use. A few customers with who i talked a bit told me that they were really happy with the feel of the coilovers, and all the technical part.

Plus you have a 1 year warranty, if something goes wrong, you don't even need to send the old parts back, we will send you new ones.

MXP_57

I just got some new feedback from this guys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9yLpDNqwOY

He bought a set for his track STI, and he loves them, he said they were brilliant. He went with 12kg and 10kg springs, and he just ordered me a set of 16kg and 14kg springs... We valved the coilovers to suit his stiff springs.

MWP

Shame its a drag car... not really good evidence they are good shocks :(
When you have guys doing tarmac rallies on em, let me know.

MXP_57

I just messaged him regarding his last youtube video because he told me he will put one up with my coilovers:

"Hey mate,

The GT4 sounds good. The current car is a 1995 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Version 2, Type RA. I've done all the work myself and it has a stock 2L engine, TD06h-20G turbo, your coilovers and heap of other mods.

In that last video at Winton it is indeed your coilovers in my car.

Cheers mate."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmsV5PXkRLI&feature=channel

SleepingTurbo

so for about 1050 american i can get dual springs, full adjustability, a steel lower mount...

how about height range, how low can i go on these coils? are they powdercoated or painted? how long do these last? will they stand up to a winter in chicago(ridiculously harsh salting and snowing)?

im just wondering because coilovers will be my next mod, and if i can get the from a member here, then i would trust them a little more. just let me know, because i think i have made up my mind.

thanks

MXP_57

Yes, know the AUD is strong so it's a bit more:

for steel mounts, your choice of springs, rear camber plates, dual springs it's 1170aud shipped. But's that's with the rear camber plates (extra 60aud/pair).

Tell us how low you want to go and we make them to suit.

I'm not sure about the paint i will get back to you later today.

How long do they last will depend on how you drive, and how you set them. If you drive on the hardest setting all day, and you drive into every single pot hole, of course it will last less than stock suspensions since there is more pressure on the shocks. They will last as long as any coilovers and it will be easy when you need a rebuilt.

You have a 1 year warranty. After that you can contact me if you need any spare parts. You deal directly with me.

Thanks for your interest.