Project CMS

CMS-GT4

In relation to the wheel news, I found an old PS I did of the wheels on a car that has 205 skirts.
skirts2052.jpg

After doing the math these SSRs wil have the same fliushness as my sportmax. I need to think how much I might sell my sport max if I get these.

I called SSR today, and they said it is very likely a discontinued size from Tirerack.

CMS-GT4

Did another couple PS. I used pat's image so I could match up to the same size of 18s, and then Griffin's I just enlarged the wheels and improved the offsets, then added my lip.

I think I am getting more and more keen on these. I am just working on my paint quotes to make sure I stay in budget.

18x85ssr.jpg

ssrgriffin1.jpg

CMS-GT4

So I met with a painter today. Interestingly enough they had a widebody supra there they were fixing from another painter I had planned on talking to. After seeing the other paint shop's work, they are scratched of my list. The manager of the shop has a few Supras. Anyhow, they will be on vacation next week, but the week after they will come look at my car and give me better idea of a quote. Their work comes with a life time warranty, and they have good feedback on the BBB. They will not be cheap, but they are looking like a good candidate. There is a good chance if I go with them, I will not have money left in my budget for the SSR wheels.

CMS-GT4

Anyone remember who was selling the three white te37s for the longest time? I can not find the thread, and I was wanting to check how much they were wanting for them.

darthripley

I remember those 3 white te37s that were up for sale, but I can't remember who was selling them or for how much.
I can't find it in a search either -- I'm pretty sure in the for sale sections that after so many months a thread drops off so that's prolly what happened.

What size & offset were the SSR's? just curious..

RedCelicaTRD

Cant remember how to spell his username. It's Toxygen or something like that. He lives in California if I remember right and has a white st185. Or maybe that was someone who was interested in them....

CMS-GT4

I could have sworn the owner had a red 185, but that was so very long ago its hard to say. I have been crunching numbers on all my parts, and its looking like wheels will not be in my budget. I am hoping to get my brakes done, full paint, new window trim, new softer springs for the teins, among other odds and ends. I think if I have any extra in my budget I should get a clutch so I can plan to upgrade that when ever I finally do my final drive swap out.

CMS-GT4

Alright, I finally got the last of my parts back. He became a bit more compliant after I contacted his ex for his address for where to send the warrant. I have a feeling they talked and he realized I was serious about taking his ass to court, and that I had a lot of evidence against him. He lost my bgb, so I will just have to eat that. But now I can move on and get this car finished. I have been already talking to new painters. It will cost me a bit more than I had budgeted, but at least it will be done right. I was willing to take him to court and nail his ass, but at this point its not worth investing more time and stress in this douche, when I can be using this time and energy to progress my future.

CMS-GT4

Been looking into doing some fiberglass work myself. I need to find out the best source for the working materials, then I will start experimenting with making different parts. I am going to do my own lip, maybe an airbox, and a rear cover for the wheel storage area.

I also just heard back from Revolution brakes. They do custom brake lines for the celica for $65. So I will get a set for my 205 calipers, with the fronts about 1" longer. I am still trying to decide on my braking options.

Depending on how much merlin would charge for his 330mm 205 caliper bracket, I may get the cheap wrx rotor hats and a custom 330mm rotor. If they are out of my budget, I will just modify my 205 front rotors and caliper ears. I will just need to possibly space my front wheel out some.

I'll be using this next week to talk to painters, and hopefully send the car off next week.

CMS-GT4

Alright, I have a new paint shop in line. I am just waiting for my TRD acceptance to kick in before I start buying part. Once I get the parts, the car goes off once again. I have a rav4 spindle on the way too. I am watching another, but I might wait to purchase it until I test fit the first one.

CMS-GT4

Can anyone verify if the toyota emblem for the RC/CS hood is the same as the alltrac version. If not, I need a part number please.

I am getting all my parts ordered so I can send the car off.

MixMaster

I have a CS hood in my garage with the emblem on it. they look to be the exact same size, etc. I can measure for sure and take a pic if you like when I get home.
Good Luck

CMS-GT4

Thanks. I suspect it is the same. I need to see if I can find my old one.

On another note, I decided we all need to do this at the next celica meet.
transformers-parking-lot-450x342.jpg

GT4times2

CMS-GT4":3fkiri2f said:
Thanks. I suspect it is the same. I need to see if I can find my old one.

On another note, I decided we all need to do this at the next celica meet.
transformers-parking-lot-450x342.jpg

We need to make sure there will be enough Celicas to do it... :p

CMS-GT4

I will not say too much, but I got something today and its pretty much perfect. Now, I am trying to get a passenger side one. Stay tuned.

p1030721s.jpg

p1030722l.jpg

p1030724c.jpg