Bear Mountain 2010 - Oct 16 Sat - NJ/NY border

97JZA80

esracing":r3th1tt2 said:
I'm ready for this meet.just put a new gauge in.awater temp gauge for the heat exchanger the only thing is it starts reading at 70 deg. I have bin testing it with the spryers and see how mutch it drops I'm seen a 6 deg drop when I spray it with washer fluid.I'm going to try ice and water next.

How long does that drop in temperature last?

esracing

there is a few of us that will be doing a caravan on friday the 15th and with be meeting on the way so let me know if you would like to meet with us

esracing

there is a few of us that will be doing a caravan on friday the 15th and with be meeting on the way so let me know if you would like to meet with us

celi_wabbit

mike325ci":1f04yyb9 said:
Mafix":1f04yyb9 said:
hey now i'm allowed to drive! lol.
at any rate. good times but i can't make the meet this year.

dude, of course you are! sorry you can't make it-- hope to see you again another year...

roll call at MR2OC is up to about 43 cars right now. if you are relatively nearby and want to come on a pre-run of the route, let me know. we are going to do a few of them to scope out the route/roads. the pre-runs are pretty laid back and a much much smaller group and you can bring any car you want (i brought my exige last year and the drive was fun!)

Hey Mike,

When would the pre-run be? and also, where and when are we meeting on the 16th, do you have the info on that yet?

esracing

Hey mike325 are you going to see if they will do a st165 andst185 troppys this year and also it 2 weeks untill and I had to replace the clutch wow it was fucked.and also rob and your brother sign up on the mr2 sit.

88gt4DE

I'm out ... sorry guys ... having a heating up issue at idle now. Possible fan switching problem just havent looked into it :roll:

mike325ci

rob~ no... sorry to hear that... if by any chance you get it taken care of by then, i hope to see you...

okay, sorry for the lack of updates: i came back from vacation from out of the country and just settling in now... so, signups are almost up to 100 cars now :shock: and the weather looks like it will hold out for us.

looks like eric is organizing a caravan up, otherwise see you on saturday morning by 9:00AM at the Sherton Crossroads parking lot, where we'll gather and start the route: The address is:
1 International Boulevard – Mahwah, New Jersey 07495
http://www.northeastmr2.com/2010/?page_id=38

The proposed route this year is this, with the usual stops at West Point and the top of Bear Mountain:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 72012&z=14

My # is 646-896-4184 and email is mikechoi2107@gmail.com - if you need to reach me.

I'm probably going to park my car overnight in Manhattan on Friday night and head out from there. See you in a few days!

mike325ci

WarTowels":1ct6uhri said:
How many All-tracs are scheduled to be there?

And if I show up, can I ride around in someones?

-Greg

greg, on the top of my head... maybe 6+? you never know, though, about last-minute changes that occur to people and with alltracs, you never know when your car decides to throw a fit lol...

i'm going by myself so i'll have a spare seat, so don't worry about it if you do come... it's still a great time. last year was the first time i went not with my own car (was in a modified SW20 MR2 Turbo) and as a passenger and it was still great~!

give me a heads up if you decide to come down...

-mike

LegacyofDan

mike325ci":qo6mzix4 said:
...you never know, though, about last-minute changes that occur to people and with alltracs...

Like my self.... asdjkhfaalhf

i am pretty pissed about it, red car is peeing again...but this time its from the transmission.( i can tell from the thickness of the oil and smell, and from checking my oil level)

not sure where yet, or what is causing it, or anything for that matter....yet...but there is about 90% chance that i probably will not be able to make it...but we will see, my fingers are crossed.

(and my god it has been forever since i last went onto a car forum! maybe in 2 weeks was my last visit i think...or so it feels lol)

GMan

WarTowels":3lybnxxa said:
How many All-tracs are scheduled to be there?
And if I show up, can I ride around in someones?
-Greg

I hope you can make it !
I'd lke to go this year too ! :smokes:

Regards;

WarTowels

Unfortunately, I already made a obligation to go to this event my friend is having which starts at 8am tomorrow. =/

Take pictures!

-Greg

esracing

hAD A GREAT TIME ROUT WAS SWEET THE VEIW WAS PERFECT AND NICE RIDES.OH AND I TOOK 1ST PLACE BEST ALLTREAC WILL POST PICS

celicagtforever

I had a great time in the beginning of the meet, seeing everyone again and seeing new faces like we all do, on the way to our first stop my trans was making a horrible grinding noise, knowing the best decision I had to turn back with whatever life the trans still had, it blew and locked up a block away from my house :cry:

WarTowels

^wow bummer.

At least you had the forsight to get it back *nearly* home.

Are there any pictures of this meet up yet?

-Towels

celi_wabbit

Dude, when I drove by you and Marlon was just behind and following you, I knew the car was not going to make it up those hills. I'm glad you decided to turn back just on time to get it home. :( :( :( I hope you got the trany fix by now. I know you told me that it's your DD.

mike325ci

sorry to hear about your tranny-- but what luck that it got you home still~!!

anyways, thanks to everyone that came out. sorry i didn't really get to chat/hang more with everyone. people kinda just disappeared and i was guilty of same, so it was hard to track down everyone...

anyways, the photos are being posted / linked in a thread on MR2OC, which i believe requires a login to see?
here is the link to that: http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=405198

in any case, i just posted my photos last night, so i'll copy/paste my post here:

Link to Picasa Album (will just keep car photos up here):
http://picasaweb.google.com/mike325ci/101016MR2OCBearMountain2010

Link to Facebook Album (will include personal/people photos here):
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2373381&id=120852&l=26be0f783e

My car... Shameless... :p
IMG_8309.JPG

Enjoy~!
-Mike