Installed My RC Bumper!

2_Liter_Turbo

Installed my RC Bumper, then decided to snap some pics! My White balance was off, but I still think the pictures turned out decent enough, lol. The bumper makes the rest of the car look like crap! Ha ha. Oh well, I will get the rest of the car painted sooner or later... it's still better than the original bumper!

10-30-10_ST185_01.jpg

10-30-10_ST185_02.jpg

10-30-10_ST185_03.jpg

10-30-10_ST185_04.jpg

10-30-10_ST185_05.jpg

10-30-10_ST185_06.jpg

10-30-10_ST185_07.jpg

10-30-10_ST185_09.jpg

10-30-10_ST185_10.jpg

Droptop93

Love the color! Looks great!! Did you get the rebars too or are you using the stock crash bar? I can't wait to order mine. But I can't decide if it cheaper through 1sttoyota.com or my local dealer.

Droptop93

Actually it will work you have to trim some of the inside of the cover I believe. There's a write-up on celicatech. Any way looks awesome!

Droptop93

2_Liter_Turbo":2mgpvx71 said:
Yeah, I read that on here, lol. Are the fog lights the same for all MKIII years?

I'm not sure about all the earlier years of the mk3 but I know post facelift 88/89 ma70 supra fogs are iidentical

2_Liter_Turbo

I'll have to keep my eye out!

Now I need to decide if I want to sell my alltrac bumper/fogs, or just keep them round for whatever reason... lol

Droptop93

There everywhere on ebay.

Regarding the stock parts.....it always good to have for the "just in case" but its up to ypu and how much space you have

2_Liter_Turbo

Well, I was just going to look at a few local yards and what not :)

as long as we're on the topic, does anyone know where the factory foglights bolt up? There aren't any threaded holes on the new AL bumper support that goes with the RC/CS Bumper.

Droptop93

2_Liter_Turbo":2ahrk70g said:
Well, I was just going to look at a few local yards and what not :)

as long as we're on the topic, does anyone know where the factory foglights bolt up? There aren't any threaded holes on the new AL bumper support that goes with the RC/CS Bumper.

I think there are no holes for fogs because the RC didn't have "factory" fogs ( if you dis agree why is the grill insert solid? And not pre cut for the fogs) it might have been an dealer option but I'm not sure, someone with a true RC will know more. I'm curious my self as the fogs fit so well/ like they were ment to be there.

toayoztan

I think the consensus is that the fogs are from the mkIII supra, and introduced as a dealer upgrade with their fabbed brackets.

I bought my bumper from a clip off somenoe from here and they kept the fogs, but the grill shows it's been cut (cleanly) to fit the "RC fogs."

Oh, and your car looks awesome man. What equipment are you using for the photos?

Bryan

2_Liter_Turbo

I figured as much with fog lights. I already miss mine, so I have sworn to make a clean install of a new set. Wondering if I should run the MA70 fogs, or break down and get some nice rally-ish PIAA round fogs :)

As for the camera equip. Just a Canon 40D with a crappy lens and a $20 walmart tripod (I hate it). I forgot to take my white balance off from a setting I had while shooting my little bros football game, that's why they are pretty bad, ha ha. I didn't bother photoshop-ing them either except the plate.

toayoztan

40d works. Half the people I know with nice cameras, don't even know how to operate them...thus, someone who knows what they are doing can still put the 40d to good use. I use the D3000 and haven't found myself to be limited from it yet. I recommend getting a 55-200 lens too, you'll love it, and throw on a polarized filter while you're at it to reduce glare.

I use a walmart tripod too, but i just set the timer to 2 or 5 secs to allow time for the tripod/camera assembly to quit shaking/trembling after i press the shutter. This also allows me to set the ISO lower.

I'm not sure how I feel about the round PIAA...your other option also is sticking GT foglamps in the "vents" of the bumper.

Bryan

2_Liter_Turbo

I know how to use the 40D fairly well, but I'm still learning. I rarely ever shoot outside of manual mode, ha ha. Right now I'm messing with white balance to try to master that. I just pick one feature at a time to learn, that way I know all the ins and outs! The lens I have right now is just a 28-135mm and I have a plain UV filter on it. It works for now, but once I have money to spend on the camera, new lens will be coming!

As for foglights, I like them to be in the lower grill area more so than the side vents. Just personal preference :)

toayoztan

I agree, I like them more towards the center in the center grill too...when they light up at ngiht, it looks pretty nice.

Bryan