Low rise headlight thread

CMS-GT4

So lots of us want to do this, so I made this thread so we can compile info to help each other make their own.

There is a pre existing kit, but it costs in the $700 range.

I ran across this on youtube. It might lend itself to finding a cheaper set of lenses and mounting them. A fiberglass shroud would still need to be made.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/792500/19 ... 0sx/page-3

Here is directions on doing it on a 5th gen.
http://www.ozcelica.com/deltaforum/inde ... topic=5012

I know the cam and rod need to be changed on the mk3 supra kits and mr2 kits. So this might be the hardest part. Some might also not want the dual projector style, but can go with a shorter housing kit as well.

Share any info you have that might help the community, and I will add to this thread as I find stuff as well.

Here is the set that Mook has, which is very nice looking on his car.
rufusnude2small.jpg

Celi-GT4

Can anyone find out from Mook what he used for that front lip spoliers? It looks fairly simple adn yet really nice.

CMS-GT4

Celi-GT4":2ou26s9y said:
Can anyone find out from Mook what he used for that front lip spoliers? It looks fairly simple adn yet really nice.

It was some splitters they had made a while back. I am pretty sure I bought the last set. I am planning on using them as a base for a full lip.

Celi-GT4

Yes I contacted him via email. he no longer is getting them. How much where they, if you dont mind me asking

YerRandO

I got a chance to see Revision6 kit in person on a local MR2 last week and I was very impressed, might just have to look into it in the future.

Boo_Guy

These are on my one day list too.

Has anyone bought the rev6 kit and adapted it to a celica?

Would the shroud and lighting unit even fit in our cars?

I wonder how many buyers it would take to get rogue or someone else to make us a kit :p

CMS-GT4

Might be hard pressed to find a lot of buys willing to buy their kit due to the price. I wish we could compare the shroud of the mk3 supra and mr2 to see if they bolt up or even if they would work with new screw holes redrilled.

concealer404

I haven't even really looked at my car in forever.... But does this help us at all? These run about $400 i think.

Dimensions are 8.75" wide, between 7.75 and 8" deep (including the curve of the lens which looks like it just barely extends past the housing. It's 6" high with the bracket (piece sticking down in the head-on shot. If you are thinking of a custom install and don't need that bracket, it is 4.25" high + the two nuts that are a part of the main assembly.

5919176742_122f28fcf8_z.jpg

5918618355_15e2cddc04_z.jpg

Boo_Guy

Cool, where are those from?

The celica's shroud only has one hole in the middle, but it wouldnt be a problem drilling it.

And both cars use the same sized halogen bulbs...

Thanks for the pics and measurements. 8)

concealer404

Boo_Guy":33wyzqby said:
Cool, where are those from?

The celica's shroud only has one hole in the middle, but it wouldnt be a problem drilling it.

And both cars use the same sized halogen bulbs...

Thanks for the pics and measurements. 8)

It's a Moss/Cobalt 90-97 Miata headlight conversion. :)

Similar to this: (if not the same one, doesn't look like projectors in the pic, though)

6132686263_c224425f27_z.jpg