17x8 et25

Grey_Matter

am i going to need spacers?

i found grids, and just want to know if they are going to need spacers or if i can rock them for now and get spacers later to get hellaflush

Grey_Matter

ive looked at all those threads...but most are running spacers...they never elaborate on if they are running cause they have to or because they are going after a look.

i drive a 92 all trac (widebody)

Gary ST165

Grey_Matter":174mwicp said:
ive looked at all those threads...but most are running spacers...they never elaborate on if they are running cause they have to or because they are going after a look.

i drive a 92 all trac (widebody)

Usually, it is all about the look as the ST185 has a 50mm narrower track on the rear, compared to front.
The only time ST185 wide body will have to run spacers is typically when using ET +50 rims or similar on an 8J - 9J rim. The issue being that the rim and tyre may not clear the suspension leg and spring.

Grey_Matter":174mwicp said:

Nice choice. It is a very very very rare rim that took me 7 years to find a set of 4 in 17" x 8J x ET35 "Celica" fitment .

Here in the UK we nick named the O.Z Racing gravel spec rims as "Roulettes" as they look a bit like a gambling roulette wheel.

And despite all the JDM imports we get, i am only aware of about 6 or 7 sets in the above size here in the UK.

The 15" are way more common: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0565829206

They do look good on both ST185:

and ST165:

Good luck in your search. Have you looked on yahoo Japan auctions ?
m_tanaka185-img600x450-1194182656dscn2716.jpg

jonnyboygt4

i had bought some used wheels and had to put spacers on the rear in order for them not to rub the rear strut....but if you could find the proper offset wheels you shouldnt need them at all....they do make the rear look good with the tires sitting flush tho... :D

magnum

17x8+25mm will fit no problem on your car. Most people run a spacer in the rear so the rear wheel will not look sunken in.

Grey_Matter

im more concerned with clearing a coilover, the spring will be sitting lower than the stock spring perch. ive been looking for a cup kit with no success, so im thinking coilover is the only other option

magnum

Grey_Matter":2jgerd5x said:
magnum":2jgerd5x said:
17x8+25mm will fit no problem on your car. Most people run a spacer in the rear so the rear wheel will not look sunken in.

same goes for 17x9 et25 i assume
That will depend on what tire size you want to run in the front.

Grey_Matter

Gary ST165":241zt7st said:
this rim width / offset / tyres size calculator is very good : http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

If you have a base reading for a know wheel & tyre, you can then calculate how much closer a replacement wheel & tyre combo will sit in relation to fender or suspension leg etc

that is 110% better calculator than the one ive been using...thanks man :notworthy:

Grey_Matter

FWD-3SGTE":21o7umhw said:
Gary ST165":21o7umhw said:
They do look good on both ST185:

and ST165:

My GOSH I would love to score a set of those in a 17x8 with a +35 :notworthy: I would sell my Work's in a flash if I found those!

the ones he posted are Comopotive TH Lines, they are still available, but they are not by any means inexpensive. the cheapest i found them for in a 17" was 475 per wheel