Project CMS

GT4times2

toayoztan":f8qc9i23 said:
Can't wait to see how it turns out, mine's in the paint shop too (taking forever though...dude is good, but slow-playin).

Bryan

Better slow playin and good, than fast and crappy. I had a dude do my ST165 last year. (total tool :x ). I would never let him paint a fence, let alone a car. :x

I give them time to get it right. Never rush great work. Are you taking pics as he goes? Make sure you do.

CMS-GT4

I might go get some pics next time I go out there. I am looking for side molding before I head out. Hoping the snow passes so I can go to the junk yard. It turned quick here and stayed bad. Hoping to go look at a rav4 they have there as well.

CMS-GT4

Found another old pic when I still had two Celicas. This was when I first got the alltrac.

And if I failed to mention it here, it is official that we are moving to the Greater St Louis area. I have been busy getting things ready for the move. There is a good chance I will sell the nissan before I go just because it will not do me much good this time of year. It all depends on how far the alltrac is along in the next month. Hope to get it back from the painter at the end of the month, and I hope to start finishing things up shortly after that.

oldcelica.jpg

deecee

Hey Josh, you need an st205 AC pump? Just picked up a block with the AC pump still attached. Yours if you want, just have to pay for shipping from NZ

CMS-GT4

So I made it to the junkyard today. Out of all the 5th gens there was nothing to take. I also looked at the rav4, but it was fwd. From visual inspection I do not think the spindle will work for me. So an awd spindle from a rav4 is likely the only option. I'll be on the hunt for molding and hopefully get the rest of the car panned out either before I go to st louis for a week or when I get back. So early Feb.

plz update on those 5x114.3 conversions. i have looking into doing the same thing for my celica to. my plan is to just run spacers/adaptors in the rear. i have also been searching the yards for this conversion to. i noticed that the 5sfe camry are running the same axles as the st184. i mention this because alltrac axles are used to fit the hubs of st184 when doing a e153 transmission swap, therefore 5sfe camry axles run the same spline count.

option #1: change the spindles out and redrill rotors for 5x114.3. only question is, are the wheel bearings in 5sfe camrys the same as st184?

option #2: swap out front st184 suspension with camry suspension. i ask this because i have tried bolting up camry hubs into st184 and the two strut bolt holes do not align with st184 strut assembly.

CMS-GT4

Martin did the 5x114 conversion with the Camry spindles. He had to use the camry outer shafts since the splines were larger. He also had to use the camry strut housing, but the celica inserts still fit. I did not buy his setup, since I already have coilovers and did not want to modify them. If I didn't I would had gone his route.

You can compare bearings and parts at toydiy.com to see what might fit. The rav4 used the same bearing as the alltrac, so that was out first clue.

I am slowly assembling my parts so I will update as I find them. Its sort of a back burner project, as the car restoration is priority now.

deecee

knock yourself out :)

http://seekpart24.com/toyota/celica-cou ... wd-st185-4

many of the parts have actual dimensions of cv joints, bearings, hubs etc. I used it recently to compare spline counts between subaru and toyota as i was debating doing a complete hub conversion, but there was a spline difference. hub inner shaft diameter was the same at 38mm, which is exactly what i measure on my current hubs.

very valuable site if you need to search on dimensions etc.

CMS-GT4

Sold my 205 front rotors. I heard back from the yard, they will not sell the molding unless they can not sell the parts they are connected to, so I am back on the hunt for molding.

cms, are you looking for the alltrac/gts side moldings? i might have a full set left in the garage buried somewhere. we just moved to a new house so it packed in there somewhere. let me know if your intersted.

CMS-GT4

Yep, I am looking for the gts/ alltrac side molding in good shape. Mine was damaged in storage. If you find it shoot me pics and a price if you don't mind.

CMS-GT4

I have been packing a lot lately, and had to throw out some parts. One of my bins outside took on some water and everything in it got rusted out. My old open diff among other parts got tossed today. I guess I did not need them anyway. I am still trying to figure out how I will take my gearbox up there. Since I will have a bigger, "car dedicated," garage at the new place I will have room to take apart my old box for the final drive.

We listed the house for sale this week, I hope it sells soon so we can get to moving. I am going to St Louis tomorrow for a week, and I will then be back here till the house sells. Selling the house will be the biggest hold up in this move since we can not buy the new house till the old one sell. I am hoping to get side molding by the time I get back so I can send them to the painter and get the car wrapped up.

cms: i went through my stuff today and cant find it. i still have to check the shed in the backyard. ill will be out of town the rest of this week and should be back by this sunday. i'll check the shed as soon as i get back. sorry for the hold up.

WarTowels

I THINK I asked you this once before, but I have misplaced the information.

Do you know the stock thickness and min thickness of the 205 rotors?

Porsche silver is going to be sweet.

-Towels