DON'T buy the SSAC (eBay) 'ST185' midpipe! *Pics*

lumbercis

Well, Mongoose was a no-go. I sent some emails to the mongoose website and to MSport (twice) and haven't gotten any response. I'm looking into getting an american manufacturer to produce a 3" midpipe for us. Stay tuned.

J.

97JZA80

I find it completely retarded that such a basic part is unavailable at a reasonable cost. Towels, I just ordered that one from that plaza complex seller on ebay...its 3 pieces. Still need to crawl under and check length but I am guessing based on this thread I will be doing a dispute shortly.

97JZA80

OK well update...the length is correct. Difference is that if you look at Meurz pix in post 1 I have the main pipe a small extension and a larger one. He got 2 of the small extensions. Pipe routing looks correct, the hanger mount is backwards but I dont think it will matter based on the way that hanger is setup. I will post pix eventually of what I got and how the install goes. My grandfather passed so my time is crunched and my time to return this pipe will pass, its going on one way or another...

toayoztan

97JZA80":2yn3zlid said:
OK well update...the length is correct. Difference is that if you look at Meurz pix in post 1 I have the main pipe a small extension and a larger one. He got 2 of the small extensions. Pipe routing looks correct, the hanger mount is backwards but I dont think it will matter based on the way that hanger is setup. I will post pix eventually of what I got and how the install goes. My grandfather passed so my time is crunched and my time to return this pipe will pass, its going on one way or another...

If your main pipe looks like Muerz, it's wrong. You have a ST205 pipe.

You guys need to just keep it simple. It's already been figured out. Look at my two pictures. Does your main pipe look like 205 i posted? You can't tell in the pic, but the 205 also comes with an extension piece. It's simply slid in all the way when i took the picture.

The correct ST185 main pipe will look like the one i posted. It's very curved (spiral). The hanger piece will be facing the right way. Also, the main pipe where it spirals will have welds on it. Those are 3 ways to tell if you have the correct main pipe or not. If you don't...it doesn't really matter if you have the correct extensions or not.

Bryan

97JZA80

Well in a pinch it works, its very tight. The back does not line up to the "catback" section at all. But after a few trips to the exhaust shop to correct flange angles it works. I would not recommend it. I think it would be easier to just have a shop custom make one up. I still may rip it out, not sure yet.

mike325ci

wow, those two photos you posted are worth a thousand words. very clear to me that rene got the st205 version!

toayoztan":30pfn0ul said:
Muerz (and the rest of you), it's a 205 midpipe.

Read here:

http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24099

Here's two pictures to show what i received. The first is with the 205 midpipe, the second is the with the 185 midpipe. Off the bat, you can already tell how much longer the 185 is:

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3058 ... 064hj7.jpg

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8716 ... 074kn8.jpg

As for their customer service...well it isn't the best.

Hope this clears some things up!

Bryan

91alltrac

Meurz":1ibncmw9 said:
Gary":1ibncmw9 said:
For someone that has a problem and made a payment via Paypal, you can file a dispute.
If seller don't do anything/no response, you can escalate the dispute into a claim.
This should be covered under Buyer Protection Policy.
Exactly what I did. Seller didn't respond for alomst 2 weeks so I filed a dispute. 15 minutes later I got my money back 8)

You can file a dispute till 45 days after the payment.

I used to work for PayPal and you also want to make sure the auction is covered for the full amount you are paying. It is usually $200 or $2000 and if not, then you are only guaranteed for that amount if you win the buyer dispute.

ChrisD

Sorry to bring this up again...I just received shipment on the ST205 Motoria exhaust, and mine is different than the ones shown on page 1.

Overall length of the midpipe is very similar to the 185, if not identical. However, the hangers are in different positions. Also, mine has 2 resonators, one on the midpipe, and one on the peice after the midpipe but before the over-axle peice.

btw- no downpipe shipped. bah!

ChrisD

pic

motoria_midpipe_185v205.jpg

ChrisD

I can now confirm that the picture I posted just above is indeed correct. The ST205 midpipe is very similar to the 185 pipe, however with some slightly different bends.

I have installed the Motoria exhaust on my ST205 and eveything fits and is in place. One thing to note - you need a lift to get the pipe over the rear axle. It is absolutely not possible with even the largest jack. This is the Motoria 'NUR spec style' exhaust ordered from the XS power website directly.

The pictures noting ST205 on page 1 are definitely not correct.