4k-5k RPM hesitation

gpmarzan

I figure its running really, really rich or lean at WOT. I really need to get a new downpipe and hook up my wideband.

gpmarzan

small update:

So I replaced the FPR as Mafix stated which, btw, was a pain in the ass. Did a few WOT pulls in 2nd gear and the problem seem to have gone away! Pull strong now at 4 thru 6, but im still not convinced though. Need to do a few more runs to really confirm if its fixed. 8)

Grey_Matter

gpmarzan":31nt2jls said:
small update:

So I replaced the FPR as Mafix stated which, btw, was a pain in the ass. Did a few WOT pulls in 2nd gear and the problem seem to have gone away! Pull strong now at 4 thru 6, but im still not convinced though. Need to do a few more runs to really confirm if its fixed. 8)

makes me want to change mine out for shits and giggles...cause i know this car should at the minimum take off faster than my jetta...but my jetta blows its doors off

gpmarzan

gpmarzan":38zvda82 said:
small update:

I spoke too soon. The problem still persist. The power delivery is very inconsistent. Most of the time, power is good anywhere below WOT at any boost, but sometimes its not. Most of the time at WOT it pulls back at high RPM, but it sometimes does at low rpm. Again, very inconsistent. The time when I thought it was fix was when the battery was just connected so im assuming once the ecu learned all the conditions is when it started acting up. I dont know. Maybe my fuel pump is going? AFM? or ECU? Those are basically the only 3 that I have left to mess with (aside from rechecking static timing)

Rallly

gpmarzan":3jga2utl said:
gpmarzan":3jga2utl said:
small update:

I spoke too soon. The problem still persist. The power delivery is very inconsistent. Most of the time, power is good anywhere below WOT at any boost, but sometimes its not. Most of the time at WOT it pulls back at high RPM, but it sometimes does at low rpm. Again, very inconsistent. The time when I thought it was fix was when the battery was just connected so im assuming once the ecu learned all the conditions is when it started acting up. I dont know. Maybe my fuel pump is going? AFM? or ECU? Those are basically the only 3 that I have left to mess with (aside from rechecking static timing)

Did you figure this out?