Car alarm

aus jd 2703

Looking at a car alarm for my gt4. I'd like the usual gagets ie remote start turbo timer auto window up. Keyless entry. Has any one had any experience? Does the brand matter or is t all about the In stall? I got told the install is the key. Just looking for advice and peoples experiences

YerRandO

I've had a compustar 2-way in my GTS for 7 years or so, never had a single problem with it at all. I'd definatly buy another one if I was looking. The 2-way pager is a nice feature, little extra peice of mind.

jonnyboygt4

I wouldnt cheap out on the alarm you choose, you dont have to spend big bucks on one just dont get a 50 dollar walmart special. :p

For the install i would bring it to a place where they specialize in alarm/car starters....

this of course is imo....others may disagree...

Meurz

I'd install it myself, so I really know it's a) done properly and b) hook up components I like instead of the default installation every thief probably knows already?

Simba

DEI (Clifford/Viper/etc) is about the only thing on the market worth spending money on. They have several models that do what you're after.

sammyw

I have a Python I am not sure about the model. Mine is wired so the alarm sound goes off inside the car, it is painfully loud, so it makes damn near impossible for someone to be able to stay in their long. And it has really annoying motion sensors, that give beeps if it someone lingers near it while it is armed, and it beeps three times instead of two after the alarm goes off when you disarm it, so I know that the alarm went off.

athousandleaves

I was looking into these guys a while back for an alarm on my camry once I put more into it.

http://www.scytek.net

They have some pretty interesting features and from my talks with their guy in tech support they have better encryption of their signals than Viper et al.

Also they have some sort of data port that you can plug into custom program it too.

Awesome-Trac

use a gun with a string attached to the trigger and the door handle :wink:
but seriously i would use a viper alarm due to the experience of someone actually tried stealing my car and my alarm warning me before it was to late!