LIttleMissAllTrac's ST185 (1992)

Alrighty!

So besides the body work.. here are the parts I have purchased!

Semi-hacked up stock exhaust that will be easy to weld back up. (can't really afford a new one quite yet, just want to get my girl on the road!) Let alone I can't decide if i want a custom exhaust or the HKS silent HI-Power? Any reviews or Opinions on these? I want something deep and throaty, not farty and rice.

From Fensport I have purchased so far..

Outer Control Arm Bush
Super-pro bushing kit that includes..

Front Wishbone - Front Bush Kit
Front Wishbone - Rear Bush Kit
Rear Trailing Arm Bush Kit
Rear Control Arm No1 - Inner Bush Kit
Rear Control Arm No2 - Inner Bush Kit
Samco Radiator and Intake hoses

Other parts..

New Thermostat
New Knock sensor
Front and rear brakes (slightly used)
Drive shaft (slightly used)
Fuel tank (used)
front bumper (used)
New front and rear endlinks
Radiator (slightly used)
Cross Member bushings (slightly used)
New Hose from Hell kit-- Kbox
Rear diff (used and getting "re-stored")
I also bought a whole new Interior off a JDM GT-4. Grey Cloth.. i originally wanted black but Nate's distributor sold them already. The leather ones that were in the car were distroyed. I'm not sure if i want to sell these and buy different ones or If I should re-upholster in black suede?

I also just bought a new Berk Teck Ceramic coated Downpipe! So excited to put this on! The welds are clean.. but there is a flange inside that I think needs to be grinded down.---opinions on this much appreciated! (I dont want to do something I'll regret later)

One other thing, I don't have pic's of it, but war-towels gave me his engine block.. so once i get the car on the road, I'm going to take it to get cleaned, ported etc. and re-build. I noticed a lot of people building stroker engines.. haven't decided on this yet.. still a ways until I am there.

Here are the rest of the parts I plan to buy within the next two weeks or so..
manual boost controler
O2 sensor
EGR block off plate
fuel lines
Brake lines ( I want to delete the ABS, so i should just need front and rear lines with the valves, correct?)
Tires
Rims (maybe.. last on the list so I'm waiting to buy both)
Dry Cell Battery
Throttle body inet
Poly motor mounts from Super pro
TWM short shifter
New Shift boot
Shift knob (i'm picky)
gauges
Gauge pods
New speaker system
BC coilovers
BOV?
and Super White Car paint!

Okay,
Now for the fun stuff! Pictures! :)

Before the over-haul..(rims are hidious)

Picture005.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

When the interior got ripped out(and exterior)
Copyofalltrac010.jpg

Copyofalltrac021.jpg

Copyofalltrac006.jpg

Copyofalltrac009.jpg

75757_1581012256566_1573497426_31352053_1638328_n.jpg

150271_1581013496597_1573497426_31352063_1958670_n.jpg

75688_1581011416545_1573497426_31352049_1679586_n.jpg
(fart can)
alltrac028.jpg

bushings2.jpg

alltrac057.jpg

alltrac047.jpg

alltrac053.jpg

alltrac046.jpg

alltrac042.jpg

76143_1587858347714_1573497426_31364149_2879775_n.jpg

74466_1585872978081_1573497426_31360131_5673475_n.jpg

151083_1585871978056_1573497426_31360129_1339100_n.jpg

74029_1585872458068_1573497426_31360130_4110650_n.jpg

Copyof155735_1585874058108_1573497426_31360133_3292476_n.jpg

Parts

alltrac001-1.jpg

SAM_0654.jpg

SAM_0651.jpg

SAM_0645.jpg

SAM_0637.jpg

SAM_0639.jpg

SAM_0638.jpg

SAM_0656.jpg

SAM_0657.jpg

SAM_0658.jpg

SAM_0659.jpg

SAM_0660.jpg

SAM_0661.jpg

SAM_0662.jpg

SAM_0663.jpg

SAM_0664.jpg

SAM_0665.jpg

SAM_0666.jpg

SAM_0667.jpg

Oh yes, I also bought new JDM tail lights, grill and clear corners.
76500_471116649100_507404100_5454144_2085106_n.jpg

155514_471106839100_507404100_5453997_7845004_n.jpg

Hooooooly pics! :p

She'll be back up on the lift within the next couple of weeks.. I just wanted to get the majority of my parts together so it moves along quickly..... I hope.. I know how much of a pain cars can be!

toayoztan

Looks like you're doing quite a bit of work there!

Have you replaced the toe adjusting suspension arm bushings yet (the end that bolts to the subframe assy) in the rear?

Hopefully yours wasn't/isn't stuck and rust welded shut like mine.

Any pics of the motor/engine bay?

Let alone I can't decide if i want a custom exhaust or the HKS silent HI-Power? Any reviews or Opinions on these? I want something deep and throaty, not farty and rice.
The HKS will be a nice choice. What do you plan to do about the MP? If you go a custom route, I would suggest magnaflow. As for getting a cheap decent kit, the ssac/imotoria exhaust is a good option, it is decently deep too (if you can find one that's actually available).

One other thing, I don't have pic's of it, but war-towels gave me his engine block.. so once i get the car on the road, I'm going to take it to get cleaned, ported etc. and re-build. I noticed a lot of people building stroker engines.. haven't decided on this yet.. still a ways until I am there.
A stroker would be nice, as it generally doesn't cost too much more to get it done. Some like the square bore/stroke, but it's also been shown that the stroker is beneficial in gaining more power. I opted w/o a stroker.

Brake lines ( I want to delete the ABS, so i should just need front and rear lines with the valves, correct?)
You don't need the rear lines, they are the same ones used for the ABS and will bolt up to the non-abs p-valve correctly (although I personally feel using the ABS brick p-valve is recommended if you know it's in good working order). There is a write-up on ABS deletion by DarthRipley (in the how-to) section I believe.

Poly motor mounts from Super pro
You should give http://www.speed-source.net a look over for the motor mounts.

If you can make it fit, go Tial. Otherwise, i'd highly suggest the HKS SSQV. General consensus here is to recirculate too if using the stock AFM, but I (and others) haven't had much issue venting to the atmosphere.

Bryan

lumbercis

Be sure and give us a report on how it rides with all those poly suspension bushings. I'm curious about the full Mario kit with the subframe bushings and aluminum motor mount. Can't decide whether the go full poly or use OEM for the subframe mounts.

If you don't mind sharing, how much did the new OEM tail lights cost you? I've been trying to find some decently priced used ones, but would consider going OEM just to get shiny new uncracked ones.

Good luck on the build! Looks like you're off to a great start!

J.

hmnnn.. forgive me for saying this.. I'm still learning terms.. is the toe adjusting suspension arm the control arm???

I know I've purchased all of my bushings except my F&R Sway bar.

I was definitely going with Speed Source for my motor mounts :)

And as for my tail lights, they are off of a JDM GT-4. I'll have to get back to you on the price with those because I paid about 600 with shipping for the lights, grill and my interior. I think the distributor that I got mine from still has another pair if your interested. I can check with him. He imported a Gray and a White GT-4 and is located in PA. Here are the pics of the two he has..

P1130022.jpg

P1130020.jpg

P1130019.jpg

P1130029.jpg

P1130023.jpg

P1090136.jpg

P1090134.jpg

P1090134.jpg

P1090126.jpg

toayoztan

Not sure if the toe adjusting arm is called the control arm, but I refer to it as a suspension arm in general (it's the front one of the two arms that goes into the subframe assy).

It has the eccentric (offcenter) washer/nut on there.

I'm just curious if you guys will/or have had a bunch of trouble getting that loose and off.

As for the dp, I wouldn't be too concerned with the part sticking up a little, depending on your power levels. Personally, i'd probably grind it down or fill in the gap to smooth it out with some kind of filler/putty. I'd first mention it to the original seller to let them know the problem, and get the "OK" on doing what you need.

Bryan

jonnyboygt4

hey littlemiss...that downpipe you pictured above...is that your berk pipe from the group buy?

The flex section looks alot different than the pipe ive got....? Yours seems alot more rounded... Maybe its just a bad angle... :shrug:

jonnyboygt4":32xmfiqm said:
hey littlemiss...that downpipe you pictured above...is that your berk pipe from the group buy?

The flex section looks alot different than the pipe ive got....? Yours seems alot more rounded... Maybe its just a bad angle... :shrug:

Do you have any pictures of yours? I've looked at other people's and they look the same as mine?? Or maybe I'm not seeing it right lol!

As for the reason to looking at another Trac* and not Track! (my phone's auto spell)
is definitely because the rust is killing me! I can't really afford to put another 2-3k into it and not even have it finished, like the paint.

As for how things went this evening?
2 hour drive one way and pretty, well disappointed.

The body was in pretty decent shape, not nearly as much rust as my 92. The usual spots, wheel well and the rear quarter panel. It seemed to be mostly surface rust and it was under the paint. The rockers were is really good shape. The exhaust looked spankin new, but low and behold... the front sway bar mount was destroyed, like my 92. So i would have more body work to do, mostly things I can do myself, just not the sway bar mount and rear quarter panel. Needs tires, there is no sticker on it, ran out in 2010 and has sat in a garage since. I couldn't drive it because it was no longer registered, but she started, no engine noises.. and No Check Engine Light :D

he put it up for sale at 3200. Since it didn't have a sticker and needed more body work than what he said i low balled him. :bangshead:
I offered 2500 assuming I would get a counter, but it basically came down to "no, maybe if its still for sale in 2-3 weeks I'll call you." :doh:

Now I'm thinking about calling him tomorrow and offering more, but some think I should let him sit on it. I think I'll sleep on it tonight.

jonnyboygt4

heres a pic of my berk dp....i dunno? :shrug: doesnt the flex section look different than yours?

Attachments

• resize dp.jpg
    resize dp.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 0

jonnyboygt4

3tcpower":1ukp0396 said:
Yea, I would sleep on it. Needing body work, even though less, still puts you in a similar spot.

what he said...if your into 2-3k in body work on the white alltrac but your gonna spend 2500 or so on another one why not just spend it at the bodyshop?

also last year i picked up my gt four completely rust free and healthy for $2900...i know i got lucky but if your looking for another alltrac....wait a bit you may be surprised what you find...? have you ever tried looking in Canada for one...possibly quebec? as they cannot register jdm cars there anymore so they tend to give them away...(thats where i got mine...traveled 13 hours for it)

i know it would seem far but your probably not all that far from the border....it may be worth trying....

jonnyboygt4

alltracst185":amoq7rhm said:
jonnyboygt4":amoq7rhm said:
hey little miss....heres one for ya in Toronto..

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicle ... Z265600659
OMG! those seats are horrible!!! :shoots: :shoots: :nono:

haha ya i know...they look like seat covers tho.....as in one fo the pics the material almost looks loose fitting...but the guy did some headlight work...kinda looks kool...i bet the guy would budge from his 4500 price tho...lowball him a bit....

plus i dont think hes the only one with a RC hood...lol