The ST205 wheel size thread (offsets, widths, etc)

Toxygene

Seeing as ST205s are now entering North America I believe it's about time we start this thread.

So what's the widest wheels that will fit on an ST205 with minimal modifications to the fenders? Minimal meaning just fender rolling. Also, what is the perfect offset for the wheels to fit flush at the same time as being as wide as possible?

Please post pictures of your examples along with as much information about the wheels as possible. If you are taking pictures for this thread, then try to take not only side shots of the car but pictures from the front or rear showing how far or close the wheels are to being flush with the fenders. Please include info such as the offset of the wheels, the size and width and of course the make and model of the wheel as well.

~CDUB~

heres my st205 with oz wheels 16x7 38 offset with 235/50/16 fits perfect doesnt rub. Car is lowered slightly on Cusco Coilovers.
IMG_5424.jpg

IMG_5420.jpg

as well i did throw my volk TE37 17x7.5 40et with 245/40/17 on it and they fit very well although i didnt actually drive anywhere with them on this car or take any pictures.

Im not running any spacers.

Insanity-74

Widest wheels you`ll fit without problems is 9" although I wouldnt go above 8.5"

Biggest advisable size is 18" although 19s will fit they can catch the arches.

on 18" wheels 225/40/18 is the best size and will fit without catching

Offset depends on spoke pattern, ET35 is recommended....ET38 will fit on some alloy wheels..beyond that your taking a big risk of the wheels catching the front calipers. ET 30 and smaller will fit but may look a bit odd or stick out too far, again catching the arches when going over bumps.

abraxxa

Dotz Daytona 18x7.5J ET-35 225/35/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 with 15mm rear spacers:

002%20finally%2018inch%20-%20Dotz%20Daytona.jpg

8 or even 8.5J would be better as well as more sidewall.
The Dotz weren't available any wider and the 225/40/18 tires wouldn't have been registerable here in Austria. :bangshead:

TEAMFaint

I`m torn on what to do for rims on the 205.

Currently running 18x8 +35 offset OZ WRC Rally rims (the multi spoked).
Pictures to come on sunday.
Unsure what to do come spring time.

Toxygene

TEAMFaint":2xuthnrv said:

Would you be interested in our Volk TE37 group buy?

TEAMFaint

Toxygene":3tnlpq07 said:
TEAMFaint":3tnlpq07 said:

If I had 3000 to drop on wheels yes, unfortunately I do not :(

Toxygene

TEAMFaint":11ugl8w7 said:
Toxygene":11ugl8w7 said:
TEAMFaint":11ugl8w7 said:

If I had 3000 to drop on wheels yes, unfortunately I do not :(

I don't think they came out quite that expensive.

schmooot

I just ran a test fit of 7th gen gts wheels 16", it clears the calipers on the sides same as the stock wheels but I'll need a 10mm spacer to clear the front. That would be in relation to sitting facing the studs not the car.

Either way, what are spacers generally made out of? aluminum?

I've got a master machinist friend who can make me up some very high precision/quality ones for a fraction of the cost of new ones, then I just have to buy some longer studs

schmooot

update. 7th gen gts wheels will fit, the are 16X6.5 ET38.

I had some scrap aluminum lying around it was 3.14mm thick so I made up 3 plates just to test fit the wheels on the car (for a total space of 9.5mm roughly).
DSCN0125.jpg

The fronts seem to sit flush with the fender, quite tight on the caliper but it does clear...remember these spacers add up to 9.45mm roughly, I'm going to get 12mm ones made up for the front
DSCN0119.jpg

DSCN0120.jpg

DSCN0123.jpg

The rears are quite sunk in as you can see, maybe down the road I'll get up to 25mm but as for now I'm going to go with 15mm and just get longer studs, lots of clearance on the calipers on this end
DSCN0135.jpg

DSCN0133.jpg

DSCN0132.jpg

The lugs just barely go on right now so I will be getting longer studs for the setup

I'll be getting a machine shop to make up the spacers as it will be much cheaper than what I can buy anywhere else, and they have all winter to do it so I guess I'll post pics once all is said and done

abraxxa

continued from the ST185 wheel size thread...

What's the suggested wheel width and offset for 18" wheels for the ST205?
My current wheels are 7.5J ET-35 with 15mm spacers in the rear and soon 5mm spacers up front.

CMS-GT4

One way to test fitment is to maybe use your 5mm spacers to see how much fender clearance you have. Add the 5mm and measure, then add the second 5mm to the same wheel and measure and if there is still room replace the two 5mm with the 15mm from the rear and measure. You can then see your outer clearance. You can then use a wheel calculator from 1010 tires to find a wheel size that fits in your tolerance. I would not drive around with the two 5mm spacers on one wheel though, just use for test fitment.

If you don't want to do the legwork, you can look at the previous posts in this thread and gauge you choice from them. I would say a 18x8 35et would be a safe size, you just have to look at your tire choice to make sure you clear the inner fender.