Project CMS

CMS-GT4

So I went to the junk yard today to look at their new celicas. No widebodies of course. So I wander around to see if I find anything and behold there is a awd rav4 not in the system yet. I of course did not have many tools with me so I had to get mcgyver on the bolts to get the spindle off. I got everything apart but one. I ended up having to go get a ratchet to get the last ball joint bolt off, but now I have a set of front spindles. Now I need to get new bearings, ball joints and I can start putting my new brake setup together.

CMS-GT4

Small update. There is a gts on ctech that is being parted out. As long as things don't go sour, I think that is my source for side molding. I have been looking into how I am going to do my rear camber. I have considered toyota crash bolts, which will net me about 1.5 or so degrees of camber in a pair. I am not keen on camber bolts due to loosing alignment, so I started looking at camber bar options. I have a set of 205 rear bars, but I am not sure if I can reuse my poly bushings from the 185 arms on them.

I was thinking of cutting them and welding these into them then just finding a high grade rod of the correct thread to use on them.

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/group. ... D=TUBEENDS

I have considered trying to just build something from scratch using spherical bearings, but I may wait till I have the car back to take proper measurements.

CMS-GT4

I just need to be able to adjust my camber to street specs. Right now I have over 2 degrees on the rear from lowering.

CMS-GT4

So I found a source of side molding on ctech. One of the rear quarter pieces got broke when he took it off, so I am hoping I can located a rear driver quarter molding. I am getting closer. I think if I run across a cheap gts for a few hundred I might buy it just to keep a parts car near by as stuff is getting harder to find.

EDIT: WE also bought our house yesterday. Closing is middle of May. So there is a good chance I am up there before the dragon meet. I still do not know.

CMS-GT4

Its too late. The car has been painted, so the holes can not be patched. I need to keep the molding now.

BTW: Looks like I might be moving up at the end of the month. I will likely leave the Toyota here and come back for it at another time.

CMS-GT4

Thanks for the link. I am out of my budget at the moment, but I will definitely be looking into one when I do. I found a good price on a local st205 gearbox, so I am trying to raise funds for it at the moment. I might need to sell some stuff.

MixMaster

There's a GT-S in a local yard, The moldings all seem to be there. I could probably put them in a tube. The guy is pretty reasonable on prices. Let me know what they should cost and I'll hook it up...

CMS-GT4

I might have them all coming right now. If something screws up, I will hit you up on that offer. Thanks.

darthripley

^ interesting info on the dsm links.
i'm looking into doing a similiar thing with the heim joints on Super 2 in the rear.
a friend of mine who auto-x's his AW11 did it & says it really helps out a ton.
i can send pics of what he did if you're interested.

p.s. Paul when you go to the junkyard can you see about the passenger side wing/spoiler tip for us? If it isn't broken or cracked I need one for Vadar.

CMS-GT4

Check out the thread I made in the suspension section. It has more info. I may just cut up the 205 arms and use them or at least the bracket end, and then use of the shelf tubes and heim joins.

CMS-GT4

So I am curious if these in line water hose adapters are sufficient for installing a water temp gauge. Even though I have a new upgraded radiator and my gauge has shown the same kind of readings I had before, some say their thicker rads have not cooled as well. I figure I might as well install a water temp gauge if it means protecting my engine and making sure this thing is running optimal.
If I can avoid tapping something, I will.
See link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRAND-NE ... ccessories

Meurz

Those work fine. I've used a Buddyclub one for my STACK dash feed. Put it as close to the coolant elbow as possible for best readings. Fyi - OEM hoses are 32mm ID.

CMS-GT4

Thanks. I will go ahead and order one. You and I actually have the same radiator. Have you run into any cooling issues that other have reported?

Meurz

None at all. I ran unmixed/pure For life red in it, tested it mid summer boosting Stelvio Pass up and downhill, Nürburgring, etc.. Nice and stable temps (OEM single CS/RC fan). 8)

CMS-GT4

Good to know. I wonder what is causing these others to have issues. I am curious if there was a design change in later productions, or if they have a different model than the one we got. I know they offered two versions.

Anyhow, thanks. I am going to get this stuff ordered.