Tri-State Gigantic Sonic Meet May 1st (Make-a-Wish Fund)

LegacyofDan

Weather:
http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USPA1096

Will be there:
Dan - yes
Rob - yes
Mike (97JZA80) - yes
Flor - yes
Steve (scuba) - yes
Eric (EricGT4) - yes
Lamont - yes

Should hopefully be there
Mike (mike325ci) - Maybe (schedule)
Tim(Alternate.eago) - Maybe (not sure what to bring)
J. (lumbercis) - Maybe (embarrassed at condition of vehicle; unsure)

TST_Sonic_Meet_Flyer_2011.jpg

http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/sho ... ?p=1936691

This is in my neck of the woods. And every year that they have had it; it has been an impressive turn out.
Actually clogging up the roads all around the area. Backing up the turnpike last year.
But yeah; i plan to be there.
Key word is plan; because this will be the second year that i planned to be there but we all know what it is like to own an all trac.
Regardless I would say for the most part it would be worth it.
Especially if i am not the only all trac there; it would be nice to have a group of us there.
And once we get bored of the Sonic Meet there is a plethora of beautiful areas out here to take stunning photographs...do not believe me..take a gander at my photo-bucketS ;)

but yeah post up if you are interested or not...most of you that would be interested i have your numbers so just call or text me or whatever.
should prove to be fun time.

Hell we can even go to the pagoda afterwards:
IMG_4388_90_91_92_93_fused.jpg

IMG_4376_78_79_80_81_82_tonemapped.jpg

As of 4/10 this is the plan:
Alright here is basically the finalized plan; if it conflicts with anyone PLEASE let me know as soon as possible so that i can help try to make it work for you:

Remember the more the merrier!

Meet up at 10:30-11:00 AM at
http://theheritagerestaurant.com/Locati ... 0Hours.htm
40.164056, -75.887708
Giving 30 minutes for everyone to show up should be enough time; because there is always traffic and everything else to take into account.

Eat for about 30 minutes till 11:30 AM

If need be wait 15 mins for the stragglers(there always seems to be some; therefore it is only wise to account for them)
-Plus there is a Sunoco(93 premium fuel)
1.3 miles up the road for those that may need to fuel up
1050 Elverson Road, morgantown pa 19543
40.173472,-75.862372
The 15 mins should be enough for ya.

Once everyone is accounted for and fueled up and ready to roll out we will head to the main event @ 11:45
It is located about 2.1 Miles from Heritage.
40.155961,-75.8624

I figure we can chill at this event for about 3 hours before we all get bored of it; we will likely get bored of it before then. Although I really do not know; we as a group tend to always have fun. But it will be something that we either loose track of time and stay for ever or bug out early. We shall see.

But afterward we leave we have a few options available to us to choose from.

Pagoda:
98 Duryea Drive, Reading, PA
about 17.3 miles from the meet
Optimum Photos!

French Creek(the place we have been to before; where we all walked out on the Ice and got yelled at for being all in one spot):
40.199923,-75.789347
7.5 miles from the meet
Decent Photos

Struble Lake:
40.199923,-75.789347
4.0 Miles.
Most Close by never taken photos here; I do not know how pretty it can be.

And it certainly is not limited to these; there are many beautiful places located near by. In the end it comes down to what people are most comfortable driving to.

And if people are still hungry after a long day of hanging out with their all-trac brethren; i know of plenty of local good eating spots but it is dependent on where we decide to take the closing day photos at...and do not worry we will not go to a pizza hut ;)

celi_wabbit

This get's bigger every year. I was there two years ago and last year with my MR2. The guy that owns the tristatetunners is the one who's organizing this meet and his avatar on the site is "TROLL", he's actually a pretty cool guy. He owns a black Supra. Every year each town has their own caravan to meet up and drive together to Morgantown.

88gt4DE

celi_wabbit":2pto6p1m said:
This get's bigger every year. I was there two years ago and last year with my MR2. The guy that owns the tristatetunners is the one who's organizing this meet and his avatar on the site is "TROLL", he's actually a pretty cool guy. He owns a black Supra. Every year each town has their own caravan to meet up and drive together to Morgantown.

So are ya gonna go this year ? I've met everyone local except for you man 8) , Mom lives close by in honeybrook so I may come up the night before and hang around a little ....

celi_wabbit

88gt4DE":3ieuj7xw said:
celi_wabbit":3ieuj7xw said:

So are ya gonna go this year ? I've met everyone local except for you man 8) , Mom lives close by in honeybrook so I may come up the night before and hang around a little ....

Oh yeah! I'll definitely be there.... a friend of mine is going to be working on the vendor both. He's a close friend of "troll" and volunteered to work. So I may be there early since I am following him in the caravan.

88gt4DE

Well ... dont know if you keep it touch with Dan close or not but when we have a meet planned i normally text him updates on where I'm at or when I'm going to get there ... anyhow I'll be looking for you guys .... save spots !!!

LegacyofDan

88gt4DE":2nu5bb0w said:
celi_wabbit":2nu5bb0w said:

awesome sounds good man lemme know if you do!

celi_wabbit":2nu5bb0w said:
Oh yeah! I'll definitely be there.... a friend of mine is going to be working on the vendor both. He's a close friend of "troll" and volunteered to work. So I may be there early since I am following him in the caravan.

Excellent man see ya there! I was thinking of getting there wicked early cause things fill up FAST!

88gt4DE":2nu5bb0w said:
Well ... dont know if you keep it touch with Dan close or not but when we have a meet planned i normally text him updates on where I'm at or when I'm going to get there ... anyhow I'll be looking for you guys .... save spots !!!

I will do what i can to save spots lol

celi_wabbit

LegacyofDan":3pppm1zw said:
88gt4DE":3pppm1zw said:
celi_wabbit":3pppm1zw said:

awesome sounds good man lemme know if you do!

celi_wabbit":3pppm1zw said:

Excellent man see ya there! I was thinking of getting there wicked early cause things fill up FAST!

Dan is right, the parking does fill in fast. Also tough to hold a spot for a long time, so, get there as early as you an.

mike325ci

dan, thanks for the heads-up. i want to be there, and will most likely come. i would be totally up for a drive elsewhere-- that pagoda place looks awesome... i'll let you know when the date nears. or you can bug me again hehe :)

Mafix

looking like i might make it as well, but no promise. i'm hoping to get everything sorted by then.

LegacyofDan

mike325ci":3w470gq0 said:
dan, thanks for the heads-up. i want to be there, and will most likely come. i would be totally up for a drive elsewhere-- that pagoda place looks awesome... i'll let you know when the date nears. or you can bug me again hehe :)

Haha will do Mike :)

Mafix":3w470gq0 said:
looking like i might make it as well, but no promise. i'm hoping to get everything sorted by then.

Yep same here...once my rear dif comes in I am going to be putting in GTFour77's awesome rear subframe. Should be very sexy. I am excited.
And then if the British bloke can ship the 205 rear rotors already i can then also finally get my 205's in the rear!
So i feel ya on getting things sorted out. Let us know if there is anything within reason that we can help on!

celi_wabbit

Only thing I can say with TST members are they are not really as friendly as this site, except for the Morgantown sonic meets. But, if you go to just any local meets from TST? if they don't know you or new to the crowd, they really won't talk to you much. I had a few friends stopped going to TST meets bc of this. Also, if you only have certain type of cars they like. That's my opinion and others I know of.

LegacyofDan

celi_wabbit":nho98h4n said:
Only thing I can say with TST members are they are not really as friendly as this site, except for the Morgantown sonic meets. But, if you go to just any local meets from TST? if they don't know you or new to the crowd, they really won't talk to you much. I had a few friends stopped going to TST meets bc of this. Also, if you only have certain type of cars they like. That's my opinion and others I know of.

I will conquer said statement. A lot of the 'TST Weekly Meets' blow because they are just a compilation of high school kids crying that mommy and daddy didn't buy them an awesome sound system like what johnny has.

Do not get me wrong there a few chill people of mature mentality and with a good deal of automotive knowledge. But they are rare especially at the weekly meets.

But from my past experiences at the Annual Sonic Morgantown Meet they are more respectful due to the increase of age of the people that show up to it, thus keep the whinny disrespectful kids in line. Mostly because a lot more adults actually show up to this meet and just bullsh*t is not tolerated. Also all of the local police departments are made aware of this and they are out roaming in the area keeping people in line as well.

My point is yeah some of the TST folk really suck...but from my past experiences for the Sonic Morgantown Meet they are nothing like the average weekly TST meet.

celi_wabbit

LegacyofDan":7010974d said:
celi_wabbit":7010974d said:

I will conquer said statement. A lot of the 'TST Weekly Meets' blow because they are just a compilation of high school kids crying that mommy and daddy didn't buy them an awesome sound system like what johnny has.

Do not get me wrong there a few chill people of mature mentality and with a good deal of automotive knowledge. But they are rare especially at the weekly meets.

But from my past experiences at the Annual Sonic Morgantown Meet they are more respectful due to the increase of age of the people that show up to it, thus keep the whinny disrespectful kids in line. Mostly because a lot more adults actually show up to this meet and just bullsh*t is not tolerated. Also all of the local police departments are made aware of this and they are out roaming in the area keeping people in line as well.

My point is yeah some of the TST folk really suck...but from my past experiences for the Sonic Morgantown Meet they are nothing like the average weekly TST meet.

I totally agree with you Dan. As I mentioned earlier, when I go to the Morgantown meets, I have fun and have no issues with people. It's the local TST meets that I don't like much of. From what I've seen, it's mostly Subi, 240sx, and evo guys that hungs out together.

88gt4DE

As for the other people , screw them .. I plan on hanging out with the trac guys anyway since we "talk" and dont get to hang out like ever ... They wont even know anything about our cars just like everyone else out there. BUT we will have a great time no matter what :)

88gt4DE

LegacyofDan":1k0ksvoz said:
Yeah true fact we always have a good time :)

And if we feel like it sucks we can leave and go to the Pagoda !!! ( after I put on some rear brakes ... :) )

celi_wabbit

88gt4DE":23xd8gka said:
LegacyofDan":23xd8gka said:
Yeah true fact we always have a good time :)

And if we feel like it sucks we can leave and go to the Pagoda !!! ( after I put on some rear brakes ... :) )

You'll definitely enjoy the Morgantown sonic meet. Don't let the local meet from TST cloud your mind.