Project CMS

Meurz

Maybe those engines/cooling systems were in bad shape? Or they used cheap ass ghetto coolant? 'Coolant is coolant y0'..

CMS-GT4

Got my side molding in. He broke one the driver side quarter peice when taking it off, but its a clean break, and I might be able to fix it. I will take it to the painter and see what he says. I may be set on these bits now. I sure hope so. I want the car done.

If not, I might need to get mixmaster to snag me one.
photoemi.jpg

CMS-GT4

Took the molding to the painter, and they think they can fix the broke piece. I told them when they are leaving, and they say they will be getting the painting done next week.
The manager had his new camaro behind my car, and I noticed there was some tape on the grill. I asked if they were going to work to it, and he said they already did. His dad got hit in the front and wreck the fender and front bumper. The good thing was it looked just like I had last seen it. As good as new, so that gives me even more confidence that the car will turn out perfect. In related news, here are a couple of pic previews.

photo1wz.jpg

photo2il.jpg

GT4times2

Looking good. I love that color. Is it the Porsche silver? It has a hint of tan/sand color in it, unless my eyes need adjusting. Looks great. Can't wait to see the car back together.

CMS-GT4

I have my new water gauge and sensor adapter on the way. Since they had not done the front bumper yet, I might call them tomorrow to remove the teeth and get a plate relocation bracket. Still on the fence about it.

I was going to print Dan's shirt today, but ink had dried up in the screen so I will likely do his shirt once I am moved into my new studio next month. Here is a preview.
photorq.jpg

EDIT: You know, its almost been two years since I sent my car off to paint. Its been over seven years since my car has looked good. I say its about due time.

Landon

so you wouldn't have a stock front plate location? i say do that for sure if you can and get one of those automatic sliding plates. lol

CMS-GT4

I think I am going to keep it simple and leave it alone. I would hate to put something on that is less stable and risks smacking the plate against my shiny new paint job. If I was to stay here, I would get it removed though. Hate freaking front plates.

I am considering moving the plate up a little higher though. I will have to see when I get the car back.

I was planning on making some fiberglass ducts for the brakes, but I will likely use it to divert air to the engine since the plate is adding some restriction.

CMS-GT4

Finished the shirts for the painter. He says the car will be done by the end of the next week. I spoke to the actually painter today. I normally speak to the manager. He was modest about my car. He says it will look better. Its covered in slime right now to protect it. So whatever that means, I will be excited to have it back.

I got my gauge in today too. I ordered the 32mm adapter, but it seems to not want to fit the hose I have here. I am hoping the hose I have on the car will fit it. I will find out in another week or so.

photorr.jpg

CMS-GT4

So is there a trick for removing the side bumper supports from the bumper?

EDIT: Found info on Ctech. I need to dremel out the rivets and install new ones. Now to go get a rivet tool from sears. They are going to rivet it for me. I used a drill and drilled out the top of the rivet and pulled it out with a pair of needle nose pliers.

63114159.jpg

GT4times2

CMS-GT4":3hg6576z said:
So we got a new house, and the only issue with it is a two car garage. Once i get there I am going to take some measurements because I am considering a car storage rack. I need to do some research but it looks like it will cost me between 2&3k. I am curious if it will make it easier to take the engine etc..

http://www.asedeals.com/garage_lift.html
http://www.backyardbuddy.com/automotive ... ost-lifts/

So you're not moving to Chicago anymore? I've looked at Backyardbuddy lifts. Seemingly good stuff.Bend Pack are well known. By the way, did you check your garage ceiling clearance? And congratulations on the new house!!

CMS-GT4

Thanks. We are moving to the St Louis area. Wife got a job there. We found a house that had everything we wanted, but only a two car garage. She says it has a very high ceiling. I will take some measurements when I get there and make some phone calls. They get a lot of hail there it seems, so I want to protect my cars.

Landon

You should move to the west coast! lol. but that seems like a pretty cool design. Hail can definitely be a really bad deal if your fresh paints left out in the weather. how much longer you think till you have the exterior back together?

CMS-GT4

I am shooting for the end of the week for the exterior. Then I am going to bring it here, and start on the interior till I ship it up the IL at the end of the month.

CMS-GT4

Went and took the last parts to the painter today. Car is almost done, but not starting. I freaked out at first, but it seems its out of gas and the battery is dead. They charged the battery, and I jumped fp & b+ to prime the line. Hoping it starts right away once the battery is charged. Car should be done by the end of the week. I am going to have my work cut out for me cleaning the interior. Its covered in paint dust and everything else from the first painter. Almost wonder if I should just hire a detailer instead. The time is getting close. I am going to be slammed the next couple weeks dealing the move, but this is all working out.

GT4times2

Any more pics? I'd detail it myself. Plus you should not wax the car for a while after a paint job (not recommended).

Save your money..but since time is money, maybe you'll save time paying someone else to do it. (Decisions, decision :| ). Are you towing it to St Louis or driving it?

Can't wait to see it done. Glad to see it coming along.

CMS-GT4

No more pics till the unveiling. :D

I am shipping it to St Louis. The car will not get a lot of road action until the paint is fully cured and ready for the 3m clear bra.