7th gen short throw shifter in st165 insatall

built2run

sooooo i finally did this if there is already a write-up on this then the mods can delete this.

u will need :

your 7th gen short throw(mine was ebay)
a grinder with a cutting wheel
a 10mm socket
a 12mm socket
a 12mm wrench
a ratchet
a screwdriver not flathead
a small pry bar

you remove the center console and remove the metal cover on the top of the assembly it will have four screws then u will need to remove the 3 brass or gold color 10mm bolts, there is on black one that has a nut on the bottom that is a 12mm so put that on it to remove it. then you take off the retaining pins from both shifter cables and remove the pieces of the now disassembled shifter. now use the small pry bar to pry off the retaining clips for the cables. than take ur trusty 12mm socket/ratchet and remove the 4 bolts securing the remaining plate.

since i already assembled mine i will try to explain as best that i can on how to cut the plate.
take it off and turn it upsidedown there are basically 2 large holes or empy squares one on the front where the cables go and a smaller one directly under the shifter tower or perch or whatever its called. now where the tower or perch where the shifter sits there are walls that go down onto the rest of the plate you have to cut along the inside of those walls from the back of the bracket to the front where that hole is so basically all underneath that perch from the back to the front hole so that the cable can move. DO NOT CUT ANYTHING ON THE SHIFTER CABLE AREA OR ON THE PERCH

it will come with some metal bushings you will need to grind the tops where they go into the plate just enough so that they dont poke up higher than the plate. you might have to deburr them. now you can install them under the plate and bolt the plate into the car and line up the cables. install the new plastic bushings for the 7th gen shfter and install the shifter back onto the perch using the right bolts lol. install the metal cover and the clips that secure the shfter parts to the cables and the clips that secure the cables to the plate. install your center console, shift boot, and shift knob i suggest a weighted shift knob. and enjoy.

note: the shifter will be a bit forward since it has no bend and the stock one does. u can bend it by heating and prying it before u install it make sure u bend the right way. and make sure you lube all the parts that move.

:D :D